which song you would like Morrissey stop playing live?

H

Hornyssey

I think "To give" is a beautiful song but I'm tired of it or "how soon is now?" too

Meat Is Murder. Although that will probably mean another cancelled tour

I don't get the chance to see him live often enough to start complaining about his song choices.

I don't get the chance to see him live often enough to start complaining about his song choices.

Fair enough, that's an argument!

But when I'm gonna see him in November here in Germany I definitely can live without Meat Is Murder or To Give also.

Fair enough, that's an argument!

But when I'm gonna see him in November here in Germany I definitely can live without Meat Is Murder or To Give also.

I heartily agree !! If I didn't hear them again it would be too soon.

Let Me Kiss You. I'd say Sunday too but it's hardly fair to cut the crowd pleasers.

Definitely "To Give" and "Meat is Murder". Talk about mood killers. "Paris" needs to be retired too. Good song, just overdone. I think it's been played on just about every show since 2008.

On the opposite side of the coin, I was listening to music on shuffle today and "Mountjoy" came on and was followed by "Now my Heart is Full" and they worked beautifully together. I propose that combo of songs be played towards the end of the set on the forthcoming shows.

Let Me Kiss You. I'd say Sunday too but it's hardly fair to cut the crowd pleasers.

He did cut Sunday from the later shows earlier this year in the US. Obliviously it's a great song, but I have no issues with it being retired or played in a less frequent rotation. However I will say without Sunday or another really well-known "golden oldie" (Viva Hate/Bona Drag era), it does leave the casual fans hanging a bit.

Why not more of "Suedehead", in Morrissey's live career, I wonder? I don't think that's been done since 2007, and even then only a few times. I believe the last time it was trotted out with regularity was 2002. I bet the current band could slightly rearrange the song and make an interesting go of it.

Definitely "To Give" and "Meat is Murder". Talk about mood killers. "Paris" needs to be retired too. Good song, just overdone. I think it's been played on just about every show since 2008.

On the opposite side of the coin, I was listening to music on shuffle today and "Mountjoy" came on and was followed by "Now my Heart is Full" and they worked beautifully together. I propose that combo of songs be played towards the end of the set on the forthcoming shows.

Seconded.

I like most of the set lists from past shows, but if I had to choose...I'd say IBEH is a bit overplayed as well as FOTGTD. I love them both, but...

Also, MIM is fine; it's the film that most people can't stomach.

I think this tour is going to be amazing. Can't wait to hear the new songs live! :)

i could do without let me kiss you. meat is murder was great and sure the film did upset some people but thats the point. to let those on the farm videos made in the fifties totally horrify people whove no idea how its done. when he walked off and let the music play and the film go, i was proud to say the least and im not a vegetarian. i can see how every day etc could get tired even for the crowd but the band seemed like they loved playing it.

if i never hear first of the gang to die ever again i'll be very happy

Back
Top Bottom