Hammersmith Odeon, 4th October 1991 - video from Japanese TV

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Apologies if this has been posted before, I'm posting it because (a) I haven't seen it before and (b) a search on the forums reveals nowt. Anyway, enjoy this pro-shot, if a tad scratchy vid.

P.

*EDIT* I played Sister I'm A Poet to my daughter who speaks/reads Japanese, and she assures me that the subtitles are reasonably accurate lyric pop-ups.

*Further edit* - tracklisting and more info here...

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g911004.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
There was also a very good audio recording of this played on KROQ. They played it twice not long after the show actually took place.

The audio on that is far better than the audio on the video.

Also, there is an audience video that shows Morrissey stopping Driving Your Girlfriend Home which is edited out of the video and audio.

Apologies if this has been posted before, I'm posting it because (a) I haven't seen it before and (b) a search on the forums reveals nowt. Anyway, enjoy this pro-shot, if a tad scratchy vid.

P.

*EDIT* I played Sister I'm A Poet to my daughter who speaks/reads Japanese, and she assures me that the subtitles are reasonably accurate lyric pop-ups.

*Further edit* - tracklisting and more info here...

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g911004.htm

During 90s Fuji TV used to have free live recording sessions in London, but they stopped it.
Good to see lyrics translation is decent.

Thanks, Peter - I have the concert on an old, scratchy bootleg DVD but don't believe the band interview is on it. For the new schoolers, this is the "Alain bleeding on his guitar" show. It was released as the "Digital Excitation" CD bootleg, one of my first and favorite boots.

Thanks for posting and making people aware, however this has been available on Smithstorrents for a long long time.
There is a great quality DVD version of this gig over there, much better than the one on youtube.

On a somewhat different note, this gig is particularly dear to me as it was the first Moz gig I ever attended.

Where did the years go? Why did the years go?

I wonder who owns the master copies of this. I would have loved for it to have gotten a proper release.

"Bleeding on his guitar" ?? I'm not of the new school but I don't get what you're referring to. Please elaborate Jamie.

That's prolly the case but sometimes the artist negotiates the rights to something like this. Kiss were smart and did that ahead of time to may of their television performances.

Japanese TV company has the master, they won't release a DVD.

I saw this concert on a VHS bootleg back in '94. It has the best live version of Playboys ever

This was the FIRST VHS concert I ever owned.

It was borrowed by someone and never returned.

I remember thinking... "$29.99 down the drain."

Back
Top Bottom