Movie Posters, anyone?

How my hero could put his arm around that thing baffles me. Oh well, nobody is perfect

I take it you won't be getting advanced screening tickets to Tusk. :p

I had that as well.

One time or another these have been on the walls...

Evil-Dead-II.jpg

evil_dead_1_poster_02.jpg

4029281272_e289548415.jpg

e948_classic_star_wars_movie_posters2.jpg

framed and still up:
600full-mallrats-poster.jpg

Goldfinger.jpg
some great ones there, and thought you would have a Bond one, I had one for a while until it got tore:
james-bond-007-moonraker-i12754.jpg

even though not a great film, it really fit in with all the other mostly "sci-fi" stuff that hung on my walls for a good chunk of my boyhood
also, your "Mallrats" poster, I had one like that up in the hallway of the last(one of many) and nicest place I lived in or around Hollywood
its amazing how many people commented upon it :eek: and how few noticed the fantastic, real Persian rug at the other end of the same hallway :cool:
what makes remember this still so vividly is the one time a friend of mine in the "film biz" came over with someone they use to work for, Gregg Araki
its one of those few celebrity encounters that I am fondest of, even though before Gregg left he said to me, after using the hall bathroom
"Nice rug, but Mallrats, really?" :lbf:
or something like that, wonder where that poster is now, had much less wall space after moving from there, stuff, it just dissappears over time
but the memories, the memories remain, well, at least when activated by images from the past, so thank for posting that

one time a friend of mine in the "film biz" came over with someone they use to work for, Gregg Araki
its one of those few celebrity encounters that I am fondest of, even though before Gregg left he said to me, after using the hall bathroom
"Nice rug, but Mallrats, really?" :lbf:
or something like that

That's a great story. Once again, Gregg Araki fails to disappoint. Go Gregg.

Though not movie posters, FER put me in the mood to fill some walls. I found a vender at an antique store today selling these old race track posters. I bought the Vespa one because the lady is driving. :cool: #sacredfeminineftw (Barney literally dragged me into the store, I think he picked these out tbh. :D)

15334226216_28a87e6eb5_z.jpg

Last edited:
mallrats was great and a lot of fun. it and clerks are the two good films kevin smith made (how long did he have that cup of water, how long did he stare at that picture, that kid is back on the escalator). i wonder if thats how they met to do my name is earl as i think both main characters are in that movie. a well made film that has all of the elements and characters connect in meaningful ways (to the plot at least) and no loose ends. evil dead and evil dead two are also fun but really there like the exact same movie. neither were as funny as army of darkness

some great ones there, and thought you would have a Bond one, I had one for a while until it got tore:
james-bond-007-moonraker-i12754.jpg

I have that as a poster card on the fridge.

mallrats was great and a lot of fun. it and clerks are the two good films kevin smith made (how long did he have that cup of water, how long did he stare at that picture, that kid is back on the escalator). i wonder if thats how they met to do my name is earl as i think both main characters are in that movie. a well made film that has all of the elements and characters connect in meaningful ways (to the plot at least) and no loose ends.

The Mallrats film poster is by Drew Struzan (also the Star Wars retro design): i have it up as i like the design etc. then the actually film. I do like the film though.

http://www.drewstruzan.com/

evil dead and evil dead two are also fun but really there like the exact same movie. neither were as funny as army of darkness

True..dat.

The Evil Dead posters are by Graham Humphreys. One i bought for a pound and the other i stole!

http://www.grahamhumphreys.com/vault.html

I also have this up & framed:

scott_walker_thirty_century_man.jpg

Not movies, but I went a little crazy buying posters at the Renegade Craft Fair last weekend. It's so awesome because the artists are just sitting there under a tent shlepping their art like it's nothing. I fell in love with this Polish girl's work, particularly her spin on THe Lovers tarot card, it''s gorgeous.

16056624651_faf644663f_b.jpg

Another of hers, it's more bold IRL because the colors vibrate weird. Maybe tough for colorblind people to see, I'll ask Jon next time he's over. I just love this little pissed bear kicking a rock. (I love kicking rocks. :o)

16058583275_eb92844dec_b.jpg

Wisconsin for a Sconie friend of mine.

16057884862_fa490bb63c_b.jpg

This one is a fave because I was at this show and remember not having enough money to buy the poster and eat the rest of the week. And I have a thing for rabbits. :cool: I already framed it though I hid the artist's sig and poster number.

16056625431_83f045c36b_b.jpg

He did this too I thought would fit in bathroom but it doesn't match at all. My dad will like it.

15872509319_980efdecf7_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom