Movie Posters, anyone?

FER

Perpetual Junior Member
This thread caught my eye under "Similar Threads" while I was posting in the "15 Memorable Films" thread...I tried to post on it but it's archived and wouldn't allow me to. The thread pretty much crashed and burned pretty quickly, but I happen to collect movie posters and wanted to see, if 10 years later, anybody else here does or cares to post their favorite poster:
image.jpg

A couple of my favorites. Both are original french grandes, Baby Doll is the 70's rerelease:

debbqd.jpg

xlgtuc.jpg

I collect posters, mostly promo posters of bands / solo artists, films, vintage poster art, and misc.

Hi.

This is not particularly interesting or retro, but I have this poster given to me by the Palm Theater in SLO from the marquis after I asked for it for three straight weeks in a row. They kept holding the movie over and it was one of those movies that I was taken by. I just watched it a few months ago and I have no idea why I was so mesmerized by it as I thought it was sorta boring. :straightface:

Croupier-Poster-1.jpg

205w3tg.jpg

For my 16th birthday party, my parents had this image put on a cake. I also have the poster, but it's now safely rolled up and in a tube. I'd love to have all three of JD's movie posters framed one day.

And this is also a favorite:

k1x745.jpg

Last edited:
hangs in the living room
quadrophenia.jpg

I'm assuming you had it framed, if so did you have it linen backed? I'm curious who did the work if you did.

For that poster it fit quite nicely in an Ikea frame. Usually for print I have with odd sizes, I'll have them professionally framed at an art shop in Delaware but for this one I did not.
I'm assuming you had it framed, if so did you have it linen backed? I'm curious who did the work if you did.

A decent Billy Liar poster is all I desire at the moment.

Three of many favorites. I collect everything.

2lmrt02.jpg

Great poster! I remember watching that film when I was quite young, it left somewhat of an impression.

hangs in the living room
quadrophenia.jpg

This makes me thoroughly jealous, I adore it!

Anything Saul Bass did is awesome - I'll post a copy of the only one I own, Exodus, soon...in the meantime, I would kill for this, just cant bring myself to pay up for it - Still hoping I find one somewhere for a decent price - as rad as the french one is, its really no comparison to what was going down in eastern europe:

1969%20Une%20femme%20douce%20-%20Una%20mujer%20dulce%20(che)%2001.jpg

Anything Saul Bass did is awesome - I'll post a copy of the only one I own, Exodus, soon...in the meantime, I would kill for this, just cant bring myself to pay up for it - Still hoping I find one somewhere for a decent price - as rad as the french one is, its really no comparison to what was going down in eastern europe:

1969%20Une%20femme%20douce%20-%20Una%20mujer%20dulce%20(che)%2001.jpg

Is this Czech version of Bresson's Gentle Creature poster?

I have this one in my kitchen. I like it because (a) It's a great poster, (b) It's one of my favourite films and (c) I used to be a textile/polymer chemist.

QrPRYYD.jpg

P.

Some Carole Lombard:

LoveBeforeBreakfast.jpg

my-man-godfrey-carole-lombard.jpeg

I have this one in my kitchen. I like it because (a) It's a great poster, (b) It's one of my favourite films and (c) I used to be a textile/polymer chemist.

QrPRYYD.jpg

P.

Never seen that one before, Skinny, love it! I really like how the suit is drawn/(un-)colored.

Very nice.

Back
Top Bottom