Scottish independence referendum, 2014 - Will it pass? Will Scotland be an independent country?

Scottish independence referendum, 2014 - Will it pass? Will Scotland be an independent country?

• Total voters
Re: what goes on in the USA & UK is not democracy, but its perversion

unless, of course, what the "UK" needs cannot be done by the ballot box alone or electing another group of lying politicians
what appears to be necessary is something more like a
8_zps39eb7d0d.jpg

:guitar:

lol Robby, I don't want to go down that route, Barleycorn will come along and tell me off.

lol Robby, I don't want to go down that route, Barleycorn will come along and tell me off.
I gotcha and I don't feel this way all the time, in truth I am really only looking for moderate change
1smoke_zps79c1485a.gif

but it seems to me that the "tree of liberty" has not been fed with the some of the blood of the ultra-rich* in either the USA or the UK for a long time
camper_zps45a5cdd9.gif

long enough they don't fear that ever happening again, which is why they just walk all over the other 99% of us with impunity
soapbox.gif

OK, rant over, gonna go get some wonderful "Mike's Pizza" now
leave-1_zps8ce65706.gif

*=yes, I make a distinction between the many rich people who I believe have earned their money and others that are basically a part of long established conspiracies which often are subsidized by the $ of the rest of us through one form or another government funds whether it be the incredible amounts given to Wall Street scum, banks, corporate welfare, tax breaks or just good ole plain massive corruption in the form of government contracts, etc, etc, the list is truly almost never ending and is what is crushing the American people and economy
these people are not Americans really but terrorists of a different sort, the world would be a better place if some of these people were killed or imprisoned and the state reclaimed their wealth, but since they own the government in places like the USA, this could only ever likely be done through some kind of "direct action"

Awww, Charlie, you're always revolting. :D :brows: ;)

Awww, Charlie, you're always revolting. :D :brows: ;)

lol

Despite not wanting the Jocks to sack us off, it will almost be worth it to watch it go tits up under that fat, bloated, self serving chimp that fancies himself as a Rob Roy.

I heard an analogy the other day that they're like the kid that moves out of home but wants to keep coming home to have their washing done and have cash handouts off their Mum and Dad. They want to be on their own but are still trying to hang on to as much as they can but at the same time not take their share of bad things like debts. I don't like politicians much as you know but even on the politician scale that Salmond is a massive c***.

Let's not be naive. If the vote somehow passes, there's going to be some troubles.
This won't be a "velvet divorce"

The military on the English / Scotland borders, as reported by BBC, is currently conducting exercises far beyond what is normal. Security has been taken up several rungs at Balmoral Castle. Police presence in London is at an all time high. If the vote does not pass, and it looks like it will not, expect riots and possibly worse.

The Conservative Party here are the ones that share your (country's) politics the most, they strive to make us more like you. I've seen a lot of people here (Tory voters) saying it will be great to see the back of the Labour Party but we don't have enough democracy as it is, to devalue that further can't be a good thing for anyone. Unless of course your politics is a one party state with the core dogma of Corporate greed. This is more or less what we have already mind, just with two and a bit parties.

Kind of like America?

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...n-the-U-S-A-Why-only-Republicans-vs-Democrats

The Union Flag without the Scots saltire is beautiful.

The dear old Union Flag won't change regardless of the outcome, but at least one potential alternative looks great.

David, the wind blows
The wind blows
Bits of your life away...

... or if you prefer...

Last edited by a moderator:
700.jpg

David Cameron To Scottish People: ‘I’ll Kill Myself If You Leave’

LONDON—In an emotional public address this morning ahead of Thursday’s national referendum in Scotland, U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron pleaded with the Scottish people to stay and vowed that he would take his own life if the territory votes in favor of independence. “Scotland, the second you leave I will kill myself—I swear I’ll do it,” said a visibly disheveled Cameron, who spoke with a shaking voice and appeared at several points during the speech as if he was on the verge of breaking down in tears. “How can I go on living if you’re gone? If you vote yes to independence, that’s it—you can say goodbye to me right now, because I’ll be dead the next time you see me. Just look at what you’re doing to me!” At press time, Cameron was seen sobbing softly and climbing up the stairs to the top of Parliament’s Elizabeth Tower.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Cameron should shut the f*** up. Let the people decide and zip it. It's for Scotland to decide, not England. This last minute desperate manipulation is not becoming a P.M. f***ing arsehole.

The same people and movements that are against nationalism are all of a sudden for it. An independent Scotland will make the english radicals all the more nationalistic as if they weren't already. I can see loads of issues arise if Scotland become independent and the lovely union jack has to be scrapped as well and maybe that is the biggest shame of all.

Back
Top Bottom