Scottish independence referendum, 2014 - Will it pass? Will Scotland be an independent country?

Scottish independence referendum, 2014 - Will it pass? Will Scotland be an independent country?

• Total voters
Peter nailed it. Why should an Englishman opine?
This not a f***ing General Election for P.M.

It would be odd if the Prime Minister of the UK could not comment on a vote affecting part of the UK. I think Cameron has straddled that difficult/impossible line between leaving it to Scotland and defending the Union as best he could. He didn't play into the hands of the Nats as they wished, but got his message across anyway.

10628191_572372422891771_2077383559709533170_n.jpg

Yougov calling it 54/46 to no.

News of the death of the United Kingdom seems to have been premature. Once more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Widespread accusations of voter fraud, Scots not being allowed to vote, (source needed...surely someone can find something to substantiate this unfounded but necessary claim).

LOL!!

^^^ Without any exit polling being done, how are they coming up with those stats?

Based on a ring round of voters called first last week, then tonight after the polls closed. It's still early, so let's see, but yes representatives all have faces like smacked arses.

This has been a brilliant exercise in democracy. I wonder just how many no votes are as a direct response of the excesses of a very few yes nutters.

Westminster needs a massive kick in the balls. Of course, the irony here is that if the country as a whole turned out in the same number as the Scots have today, and with the same vim and vigour, many of the issues which face us here would likely be if not solved, at least not swept under the carpet.

Widespread accusations of voter fraud, Scots not being allowed to vote, (source needed...surely someone can find something to substantiate this unfounded but necessary claim).

LOL!!

Such accusations were inevitable, as night follows day. We aren't dealing with normal people.

For the huge majority of yes voters who held their strong beliefs and had every right, I would say that's democracy. For the few loudmouths in the yes campaign who made aspects of this process so unedifying I would say f*** you.

If the prediction of a no vote is correct the English will be on the march next. Scots MPs in Westminster must lose their right to vote on English issues. That is imperative.

Back
Top Bottom