Post your First World Problems right here

Re: Post your First World Problems right here...

The new U2 album is now in my itunes library, without my consent.
What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? :rolleyes:

I'm going to run through the streets with a bunch of torches, screaming about human rights violations. It's what Bono would want.

I'm going to run through the streets with a bunch of torches, screaming about human rights violations. It's what Bono would want.

There is food everywhere! Even work. I can't go anywhere without be offered something to eat.

1st World Sociopaths that really just don't give a f*** about anything but their egos and their standing on the Internet.

On topic, I'll go with immigration. People are escaping shit people, they're motivated and unlikely lazy.

Amazon is out of the socks I like.

Amazon is out of the socks I like.

The speed at which Amazon delivers, just amazes me.
A few nights ago at 8pm, I ordered a case for my son's MacBook. With regular shipping, it was on my front porch at 9:30 the next morning.

Of course, I ordered the wrong case....so now I have to return it. First World Problem.

The $18 hand lotion I bought at Anthropologie is too watery.

I don't have any coasters for This Christal, I'll have to use the iPad Air instead.

There is food everywhere! Even work. I can't go anywhere without be offered something to eat.

I'm thinking you may be missing something. This is is really just akin to people offering kleenexes to someone who's sneezing.

I'm going to miss the season finale of the program I watch to mock and study hive mind behavior in order waste fossil fuels to drive 200 miles to see a band I've seen several times already.

Since Safari doesn't seem to work with pretty much every website anymore, I need to set up Chrome with my bookmarks and passwords and bleh, but I'm too lazy to learn how to delete old bookmarks from Chrome. And I don't like change even though it is inevitable I have to change browsers.

I've been debating in my head for five minutes whether to use lavender or basil scented dryer sheets for the sheets in the guest bedroom in anticipation of having company stay the night.

(FYI these smell awesome. Tarjay.
MRS027_Xl.jpg
)

So the shot from the perspective of him looking at his phone and flipping through the screens...what camera was shooting that? Because there are no cameras on his head or chest. I hate fake. Spotting fake advertisements and manipulations is a first world hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not read any of the posts on this thread but when I saw this thread posted I thought 'what a good thread.' And I still think that. I would say that unless one is kind of debating in one's mind minutia...say...you are at Home Depot (run!) and are torn between two different Moen toilet roll holders...um...problems are problems...which is to say that your problems, my problems, everyone's problems while they may be "first world" (tanks are not on the streets of Los Angeles but the L.A.P.D. is not exactly beloved) are to varying degrees sources of stress, anxiety, etc. to the individual such that...I wonder from sociological, psychological, and biological vantage points if what we experience in our seemingly trivial problems ...triggers the same kind of response within a group, within the mind, within the body as those developing world problems...just on a lesser scale. If so, our problems cannot be so easily dismissed (I'm not suggesting anyone is doing that) because they are our own, they are what we have to deal with, they occupy us rightly or wrongly (like how I wrestle with which posters to frame and which to put up with thumb tacks while some people in the greater Indian Sub-Continent where I am from are being bombed by drones), they are often joy killers, and none of us are running around in Strawberry Fields. Rant over.

My iPad is dying. Like Roy Batty, it is very nearly four years old. I have my fingers crossed that it will last another few weeks until the new models are rumoured to be released.

Yesterday my new bank card was delivered. Today I need to go to Paypal, eBay, Amazon, Sainsburys, and several other sites to update my details, then I must walk around for a couple of days with the last four digits Sharpied on my forearm until I learn them.

tumblr_n0vxfxtYhs1sgt5w1o1_500.gif

Blaze mansions needs a new washing machine.

It's so dusty around here I have to wash my car every day just to keep it sparkly.

Funny thing about First World problems....the last three posts bring this to mind;

1. My family lived for a time on a small farm and we scrubbed clothes on a washing board in a big sink 2. My grand mother told me of the first car she saw...coming from miles away in a cloud of dust on a dirt road. 3. Like Roy Batty we have an expiration date, First World or not.....favorite line from the movie..."Wake up, it's time to die."

The First World used to be the Third World....."The winner now will later be last....."

I have not read any of the posts on this thread but when I saw this thread posted I thought 'what a good thread.' And I still think that. I would say that unless one is kind of debating in one's mind minutia...say...you are at Home Depot (run!) and are torn between two different Moen toilet roll holders...um...problems are problems...which is to say that your problems, my problems, everyone's problems while they may be "first world" (tanks are not on the streets of Los Angeles but the L.A.P.D. is not exactly beloved) are to varying degrees sources of stress, anxiety, etc. to the individual such that...I wonder from sociological, psychological, and biological vantage points if what we experience in our seemingly trivial problems ...triggers the same kind of response within a group, within the mind, within the body as those developing world problems...just on a lesser scale. If so, our problems cannot be so easily dismissed (I'm not suggesting anyone is doing that) because they are our own, they are what we have to deal with, they occupy us rightly or wrongly (like how I wrestle with which posters to frame and which to put up with thumb tacks while some people in the greater Indian Sub-Continent where I am from are being bombed by drones), they are often joy killers, and none of us are running around in Strawberry Fields. Rant over.
well, while I merely live in the aspiring first world now, but I was lucky to have an epiphany deep in the freezing cold(to me)of a Caucasus Mountain winter a few years ago
the situation was brought about by the bitterness of the weather, my isolation and loss of electricity that went on for weeks
at first, it drove me crazy, furious at times, but eventually something extraordinary happened, my mind and body calmed down enough at some point that I just surrendered to well, everything my situation, the fact that I was powerless to change much of it and that waiting around for the power to come back on was just absurd :crazy:
Future_zps4fdfe7e2.gif
and for just a moment, the weight of the world was lifted from me, this hippy-dippy feeling of spiritual "lightness" is something I have experienced about half a dozen times in the last half decade or so and its one of the things that makes life worth living
fff_zps5999c0cb.jpg

how is this relevant to this thread or BG's post?, I am not sure, but it struck a chord within me & I guess it comes down to me seeing this thread as having a "tongue and cheek" quality that implies that "first world" problems are somehow less than those in more poverty stricken / primitive / whatever you want to call it
and on the other hand my knowing on a level within me, thats hard to put into words, that life in "harder places to live" (by modern American standards) does have something that appears to be lacking in places where people like me are
-118.347235000000.jpg

from
and that is they(not me) are far less likely to "sweat the small stuff" and just get on with life :cool:
also, all that shit that is stacked against them but that they cannot do much or anything about, well, why worry about it?
its something I try to remember when I am over thinking my job or life or worrying about the stupidest shit :crazy:
living in a complicated world does not mean that we have to be thinking about all that crap all the time
and worse still, being all angst ridden or erudite or "worldly" or or a deep thinker, etc, etc, etc
well, it does not = a meaningful inner spiritual life for anybody such is true of
and I have not found my "1st world baggage" to help me cultivate my personal character or connect with people that already have some of what I seek :straightface:
so yeah, I guess, if you enjoy your first world problems, then great, then own them, or they will own you
as for me, I am going to continue to have it all, at least from time to time :blushing:
the company of beautiful women, technology, which includes a directory on my desktop called OPEN ME** inside are reminders to:
to not worry so much, stress myself/others, have hope rather than despair and always, at least, try to defeat my own depression whenever it returns for another visit
to those ends, a lot of "associates" of mine are going to some big party at a mansion outside the city tonight, and while I have work tomorrow morning, I could not get f-ed up and check it out, not getting a a good night's sleep is something I can endure and still do a good day of work
its the combining it with chemicals that just does a number on me and besides, I have really enjoyed the last couple of times I went places not under the influence
leave-1_zps8ce65706.gif

*=sometimes, especially back in the rat race of Cali, it does feel like the world is just a boot stamping on our face all the time, don't it?, but its not
*=the directory contains, some text files, pics, videos and gifs like

awesome_zpse41f175c.gif

Back
Top Bottom