Does each MORRISSEY album have or attempt to a centerpiece song, and if so name the album & song ?

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
mh6136.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Does each MORRISSEY album have or attempt to a centerpiece song, and if so name the album & song

I think I know what you mean.

Viva Hate: Maudlin Street

Kill Uncle: Erm...........pass

Up Your Arsenal: I Know It's Gonna Happen

Vauxhall: Now My Heart

Southpaw: Pass.............maybe Southpaw

Maladjusted: Trouble Loves Me

Quarry: Camden

Tormentors: Pigsty

Refusal: It's Not Your Burfday

World Peas: I'm Not a Man

Re: Does each MORRISSEY album have or attempt to a centerpiece song, and if so name the album & song

Viva, Maudlin St.

KU, pass

Arsenal, not sure

Vauxhall, Now My Heart

Southpaw, pass

Maladjusted, Maladjusted

Quarry, You Know I Couldn't Last

Ringleader, Pigsty

Refusal, pass

World Peace, Not A Man

The question was not about "every" but about "each"

You don't think "Late Night, Maudlin Street" encapsulates Viva Hate.

Late Night, Maudlin Street is one of those songs that is a centerpiece to that part of his career. The lyrics, his voice. It gets me every single time I listen to it.

Sorry, just had to rant.

tmi? to be sure, but hey, its what I got to give, not an answer to your question, just an answer

of course not :straightface: too long* :p and if I am going to play someone one song from that album, it's
Angel, Angel Down We Go Together
assuming they've heard Everyday Is Like Sunday :rolleyes:
though its not the sort of assumption I make where I am anymore :paranoid:
to be honest, I mainly play Moz when by myself and am all over the map when playing him and the Smiths :crazy:
but when the ladies that dare darken my door are here :cool: they mainly get treated to healthy doses of:
Placebo, Lana Del Rey, Leonard Cohen, Madonna :eek:, IAMX, Lykke Li, Émilie Simon, Dum Dum Girls & Anna Calvi :brows:
not that you asked :lbf:

Last edited:

i think they sorta do in a way or at least it can feel that way to me when listening.

late night does kinda take this spot on viva hate but its also the only song i consistently skip every time i listen as i find it so boring and kinda cringe in its delivery so while i may think it does have this distinction i also dont like it the way i do every other song there

mute witness

national front disco

the more you ignore

southpaw

alma matters

come back to camden

pigsty

im throwing my arms around

im not a man

Thanks. I agree with your Viva, Vauxhall, Maladjusted, Quarry, and Ringleader selections.

So don't let the blue
The blue eyes fool you
They're just gelignite
Loaded and aiming right between your eyes

Viva, Maudlin St.

KU, pass

Arsenal, not sure

Vauxhall, Now My Heart

Southpaw, pass

Maladjusted, Maladjusted

Quarry, You Know I Couldn't Last

Ringleader, Pigsty

Refusal, pass

World Peace, Not A Man

'Your Arsenal''s 'centerpiece' song is 'We'll Let You Know', obviously.
I mean, someone (Boz? Alain?) even shouts out 'your arsenal!' halfway through it, just in case you didn't catch that the lyrics tie in with the album's title.

Back
Top Bottom