U2 new album for free right now on i-tunes

Love it. Love the PSB ethos so much!

Statement from Bono:

“For the people out there who have no interest in checking us out, look at it this way… the blood, sweat and tears of some Irish guys are in your junk mail.”
:rolleyes:

I can only imagine how difficult it is to not come off as pretentious when you are a megastar.

The whole album is great. I just thought this song was apt for this thread. I wasn't trying to slag off U2 fans at all. Just a bit of fun :)

The whole album is great. I just thought this song was apt for this thread. I wasn't trying to slag off U2 fans at all. Just a bit of fun :)

True. Its not what Neil Tennant had in mind specifically either. The celebrity ego has been a reoccurring theme in his lyrics. By statements made, I think it is intended for the newer generation of pop star. If the shoe fits.

Slagging off a billion fans is pretty dangerous ground. In fairness, I respect that U2 writes their own music. That much cannot be said for plenty of stars. This is not Robin Thicke or whatever.

I'd put up my cover of "With or Without You" as a peace offering, but it's too cheese and embarrassment. PSB covered "Where the Streets Have No Name" so they could be fans.

I am loving this new U2 album. It's been on constant repeat since it's been released and I keep finding more to like about it. Thrilled they are back to form.

Once you're into it, the album is indeed strangely addictive. I'm really having a hard time listening to anything else at the moment. I haven't felt that way in years.

Anyone who is even remotely into U2 should check out the podcast “You Talkin’ U2 to Me?”. It’s pure gold. It is hosted by comedians Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman. So good.

The last two U2 albums really never grabbed me aside from a few songs but I've been listening to this one start to finish almost every day and it's very good. Kind of like the new Morrissey record there are songs on this one that remind you of music from a previous period of the band and that's pretty cool.

They've managed to create a solid album with 3 or 4 songs that rank among their best so that is pretty impressive.

The last two U2 albums really never grabbed me aside from a few songs but I've been listening to this one start to finish almost every day and it's very good. Kind of like the new Morrissey record there are songs on this one that remind you of music from a previous period of the band and that's pretty cool.

They've managed to create a solid album with 3 or 4 songs that rank among their best so that is pretty impressive.

Agreed. Because of the strength of the new album as well as the awesomeness of the aforementioned podcast, I’ve gone back and revisited the entire catalog. I think “No Line On The Horizon” is better than I remembered but it’s still no where near their best. I actually would rank the albums as follows, in order:

1) The Joshua Tree
2) The Unforgettable Fire
3) War
4) Achtung Baby
5) Boy
6) Songs of Innocence
7) How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
8) October
9) All That You Can’t Leave Behind
10) Zooropa
11) No Line On The Horizon
12) Pop

I’m not counting live albums or compilations. I don’t consider “Rattle and Hum” to be an album proper. I’m most likely ranking the new album so high just because it’s so fresh right now. I do wonder where it will rank due to time, because I listened to “How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb” yesterday and it’s pretty front to back great.

Back
Top Bottom