U2 new album for free right now on i-tunes

i agree with prisoner and chickpea, im pissed that they inserted something in my library that i cant delete and didnt ask for. screw you apple

I’m wondering if the iPhone 6 comes with it preloaded on there.

Even though I enjoyed the new U2, I don't blame the haters for being annoyed. Seriously if I woke up one morning to find an album by Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Dave Matthews Band, Phish or some other shitty band on my iPhone that I couldn't removed I'd prolly smash the thing.

i let guns and roses go on the other thread and he forgave me sublime lol. chilli peppers is one i didnt like at all until the album with other side came out and i suddenly found myself a casual fan. then stadium arcadium came out and i thought that album(s) was great from start to finish. anthony has a really interesting life and upbringing and his bio was almost better than anything the peppers put out

It would be a real miracle of Joey Ramone if he rose and told these sanctimonious prats that he doesn't want his name attached to an awful song so at odds with his musical ethic.

I can't get enough of the new album. It honestly reminded me why I love U2 in the first place. Been revisiting the back catalog intensely in between Morrissey listens.

U2 obviously are doing something right. They have so many fans who love their sound and they obviously know how to play the fame game and work with labels efficiently. It all seems to easy. I find them about as exciting as REM. I don't hate them and I don't love them. I just don't feel anything, but on the other hand I can see why other people are into them.

They were very influential for me when I was younger (as was REM). I really can't get into them in the present. I overheard my wife listening to the new album since it automatically downloaded to her Apple products. I wasn't too keen on it but to each his own. For an example of the U2 that I really loved, the album The Unforgettable Fire did it for me. I also loved the three Steve Lillywhite productions that preceded it. This one just had an added atmosphere to the sound that had not been present before.

Witnessing my own decline in appreciation of U2, I can certainly respect and understand those who have parted favor with Morrissey's recent work. In fact, looking at this objectively has caused me to speculate on my own progression as a fan. There are a few bands I have fallen out with.

Further off the topic, but I'm hoping New Order will not be among those with their Mute signing and pending production. I'm also still "in love" with Erasure, even though they have switched to club music. I'm a huge fan of synthesizers and what Vince Clarke has done on the new album, The Violet Flame -- releasing next week, is 99% analog synth. But I know there are many fans that cannot follow the transition.

One reason I do not criticize Morrissey's falling out with labels is that I believe there is a sweet-spot for being an artist and being a "success". I fear that too much success inevitably produces bad, non-artistic music. It's all in the eye of the beholder. But when I witness the spectacle that is the U2 promotional scheme, I can't reconcile it with the music. And the music doesn't sound that inspired to me either. Some artists may be at their best when they are poor and struggling and at their worst when they are a monolyth. And perhaps there is a sweet spot somewhere there in the middle. I hope Morrissey continues to push up the middle. If U2 wanted to release this in a humble way, they could have done a Radiohead and just put it out on their site for free with the option to donate, without the 600 million dollar payoff.

Love it. Love the PSB ethos so much!

Statement from Bono:

“For the people out there who have no interest in checking us out, look at it this way… the blood, sweat and tears of some Irish guys are in your junk mail.”
:rolleyes:

I can only imagine how difficult it is to not come off as pretentious when you are a megastar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom