Questions for London o2 Arena

ksenalex

1st question: is standing tickets all the same pit right? (like men arena?)
2nd question: how easily can u get from the airport (Gatwick) to the arena? (u need to switch trains or what? n how long?)
3rd question: i read the o2 is shit..the seating and the sound? so if u have standing and u are in first 5 rows its ok i guess?

Re: London O2 Arena

Q1: I haven't been there yet, I'm afraid I don't know. Hopefully someone who has been there will answer your question.

Q2: From Gatwick Airport, I advise you to get to London Bridge station.
Then catch a Jubilee Line tube to North Greenwich station where O2 Arena is located.

http://nationalrail.co.uk

http://www.theo2.co.uk/visit-us/getting-to-the-o2

Q3: From my experience at 2006 Wembly Arena gig, generally large venues sound quality is awful because these venues aren't built for music events.

Hope you find these answers are useful.

1. Yes, the standing area is all just one area. I'm not sure but I believe that 02 customers may get some early entrance rights... this certainly happened at Brixton last time... so if you want to get on the rail you may have problems... not really sure on the details though I'm afraid. Maybe check with the venue?
2. Not really sure about Gatwick, but generally I have found the 02 arena easy to get to. It's only a short tube ride from Waterloo station, and the station there (North Greenwich) is about two minutes walk from the arena, although do allow for a good 10 minutes to get from the main entrance to the actual entrance to the venue (you have to go past a load of bars and restaurants first).
3. I've actually found the 02 Arena quite good as a music venue. If you're standing at the front, or even a little way back, I'd say it sounds very good - not unlike a smaller venue. It is a modern building - a million miles from somewhere like Wembley arena, which is just a large concrete shed. I've had good views and sound from seating positions too, although fortunately never too far from the stage.

Personally I'd rather see Morrissey play somewhere smaller, but if you are going to do a proper arena then you could do worse than the 02. I found the Alexandra Palace a bit too echoey (?), and that was no where near as large. Anyway... bring on November!

1. Yes, the standing area is all just one area. I'm not sure but I believe that 02 customers may get some early entrance rights... this certainly happened at Brixton last time... so if you want to get on the rail you may have problems... not really sure on the details though I'm afraid. Maybe check with the venue?
2. Not really sure about Gatwick, but generally I have found the 02 arena easy to get to. It's only a short tube ride from Waterloo station, and the station there (North Greenwich) is about two minutes walk from the arena, although do allow for a good 10 minutes to get from the main entrance to the actual entrance to the venue (you have to go past a load of bars and restaurants first).
3. I've actually found the 02 Arena quite good as a music venue. If you're standing at the front, or even a little way back, I'd say it sounds very good - not unlike a smaller venue. It is a modern building - a million miles from somewhere like Wembley arena, which is just a large concrete shed. I've had good views and sound from seating positions too, although fortunately never too far from the stage.

Personally I'd rather see Morrissey play somewhere smaller, but if you are going to do a proper arena then you could do worse than the 02. I found the Alexandra Palace a bit too echoey (?), and that was no where near as large. Anyway... bring on November!

Were you actually saw August 2011 Brixton Academy gig?
O2 customers didn't get early entry because someone actually insisted that people who started queuing from 6:00 in the morning should be get in before them.

Last edited:
anyone knows if there will be a morrissey/smiths Pub night on the 29th after the show somewhere???

and apart from the "The London Smiths / Morrissey Tour Guide" article is there something else even more morrissey related in london?
(special tour/a store or smth?/whatever?)

anyone knows if there will be a morrissey/smiths Pub night on the 29th after the show somewhere???

and apart from the "The London Smiths / Morrissey Tour Guide" article is there something else even more morrissey related in london?
(special tour/a store or smth?/whatever?)

There used to be a club night Quarry, but we haven't heard from them last 12 months.
Hopefully someone will host after show.

Unfortunately there is no walking tour (and shop) of Smiths / Morrissey in London.
It is fairly easy to get around using this

It is rather disappointing that you are forgetting to say "thanks to your reply".

Last edited:
oh im sorry...you are right, thanks a lot (apart from these replies, u have many other helpful ones). its my first time in london and its chaos planing this (cause ill be only for 1,5 days and try to squeeze it all in so i just ask search ask search forever) thanks again :)

Hi

Coming to London from cold Norway to witness my first Morrissey show. However, I have a question aswell - hope it¨s ok that I use this thread as it has similar topic.

I see the doors open at 1830, at what time would you expect Morrissey to get on stage? In Norway it often opens quite a few hours before the main act, time rather spent over a guinness than standing on a concrete floor :)

Hi

Coming to London from cold Norway to witness my first Morrissey show. However, I have a question aswell - hope it¨s ok that I use this thread as it has similar topic.

I see the doors open at 1830, at what time would you expect Morrissey to get on stage? In Norway it often opens quite a few hours before the main act, time rather spent over a guinness than standing on a concrete floor :)

Usually Morrissey will be on stage 21:00-21:15.
Make sure to get inside the venue before 20:00 because lovely Anna Calvi will support him.

Rumblings of a UK tour announcement tomorrow. How the hell is he going to pull this off?

I have a question for everybody who has bought ETICKETS for this show, Has anyone received their ETICKETS yet?
It says etickets my be sent up to 14 days before the event but has anyone actually got them yet?

thanks in advance!

We are at tomorrow, from where do these rumblings come?

Anyone knows if there is a locker room or a reception where you can leave your backpack/bag before the show?

We are at tomorrow, from where do these rumblings come?

@MorrisseyParody on Twitter (who some lamebrains think is actually Morrissey) has been dangling the carrot since Friday that an announcement is forthcoming. But it does not say dates, it just says announcement.

o2 ticket question?

I've never been to the o2 and i'm just wondering if there might be any bargains to be had if the venue fails to sell out. I could see M selling out if the tickets were £40 but i think £60 is just too high and i wonder if anyone knows what the policy is if there's still a few thousand unsold in the immediate days before. Does the venue discount to offload? Any comments appreciated

Re: o2 ticket question?

i think they just close off certain sections of seating. seems theyve done that in the past but i dont know for sure. just trying to help

Re: o2 ticket question?

I've never been to the o2 and i'm just wondering if there might be any bargains to be had if the venue fails to sell out. I could see M selling out if the tickets were £40 but i think £60 is just too high and i wonder if anyone knows what the policy is if there's still a few thousand unsold in the immediate days before. Does the venue discount to offload? Any comments appreciated

UK music venues do not discount tickets.
As anonymous user pointed out, large venues like O2 Arena will close off some sections if the tickets failed to sell out.

Better keeping eye on Marketplace forum of this site or gumtree UK's tickets section.
However, many ticket touts use the latter as well these days.

Back
Top Bottom