Add an indicator for new posts when you hit submit

fredkocherpepsi

I know some forums have this. If you reply to a post and someone has since typed something, it actually asks if you want to review your post before moving forward. I’ve noticed a lot of times I’ll miss posts because I didn’t notice someone posting something while I was posting my reply (this probably makes no sense, I know. I wish I could explain better)

for your interest

Do you know vBulletin has a function to review a post "Go Advanced" on the bottom right?
If you click it before submitting your post, you can see "Preview post".

I appreciate if you could actually check tools and functions before post a thread.

Re: for your interest

Do you know vBulletin has a function to review a post "Go Advanced" on the bottom right?

I appreciate if you could actually check tools and functions before post a thread.

Wow, what a rude response to someone who made a very polite request! He's not asking how to preview his own posts, Kewpie.

I believe what Fred is suggesting is something along the lines of what Gmail does if you receive a new reply to an email while you're in the process of composing a response to a previous one. A notification appears asking if you want to see the new reply before sending yours. Like Fred, I have seen similar features on other forums.

Feel free to tell me how stupid and lazy I am, Kewpie, if such a feature does in fact already exist here. I even actually checked.

Wow. Ok, couple things:

1) I said in my original post that I’m probably not articulating myself properly, so I apologize in that regard but I really don’t think that was a necessary response on your end.

2) Your reply isn’t the same thing as what I was trying to ask at all.

3) I will try to give an example of what I mean below, and if this is indeed a feature that is enabled and I’m just not utilizing it, I apologize. See below for example:

Post #1: “What is the name of the DVD Morrissey released that was filmed in Manchester on his birthday?”

Post #2: “Who Put The M In Manchester?”

Post #3, who was replying at the same time as Post #2 but didn’t see Post #2 as it wasn’t submit until Poster #3 already began typing their reply: “Who Put The M In Manchester?”

On a lot of forums I have frequented over the years, when Poster #3 hits submit, it will say “new posts have been added since you have started replying, you may want to review prior to submitting” and then allows you to see what the replies are.

So yeah...that’s what I was talking about. Not the ability to review my own post.

Wow, what a rude response to someone who made a very polite request! He's not asking how to preview his own posts, Kewpie.

I believe what Fred is suggesting is something along the lines of what Gmail does if you receive a new reply to an email while you're in the process of composing a response to a previous one. A notification appears asking if you want to see the new reply before sending yours. Like Fred, I have seen similar features on other forums.

Feel free to tell me how stupid and lazy I am, Kewpie, if such a feature does in fact already exist here. I even actually checked.

Thank you. That is exactly what I’m talking about!

I'm afraid we have to wait for software upgrade for an additional feature.

If my memory is correct, vBulletin used to have it, however, for some reasons during software upgrade it had been removed.
I'd rather revive thread ignore tool which had been vanished about four years ago.

Wow. Ok, couple things:

1) I said in my original post that I’m probably not articulating myself properly, so I apologize in that regard but I really don’t think that was a necessary response on your end.

2) Your reply isn’t the same thing as what I was trying to ask at all.

3) I will try to give an example of what I mean below, and if this is indeed a feature that is enabled and I’m just not utilizing it, I apologize. See below for example:

Post #1: “What is the name of the DVD Morrissey released that was filmed in Manchester on his birthday?”

Post #2: “Who Put The M In Manchester?”

Post #3, who was replying at the same time as Post #2 but didn’t see Post #2 as it wasn’t submit until Poster #3 already began typing their reply: “Who Put The M In Manchester?”

On a lot of forums I have frequented over the years, when Poster #3 hits submit, it will say “new posts have been added since you have started replying, you may want to review prior to submitting” and then allows you to see what the replies are.

So yeah...that’s what I was talking about. Not the ability to review my own post.

Have two tabs to thread open. Refresh tab one to see if new posts were submitted before submitting your post through tab two. If by chance your post is submitted at the same time as another's which then renders your comment moot or redundant, simply edit your comment or delete it.

If my memory is correct, vBulletin used to have it, however, for some reasons during software upgrade it had been removed.
I'd rather revive thread ignore tool which had been vanished about four years ago.

It was just a suggestion, it's not a make or break feature of the site.

Ignore thread seems like it was an add-on created by others. Support for it stopped in the 3.6ish range. Unless it's a new feature that vBulletin decides to add, it doesn't look like it will be available again.

Looking for add-ons that do the thread update notification but haven't found anything yet.

Can an you list an example or two of the forums or the software being used on those forums? It helps to have something to look at directly.

I know some forums have this. If you reply to a post and someone has since typed something, it actually asks if you want to review your post before moving forward. I’ve noticed a lot of times I’ll miss posts because I didn’t notice someone posting something while I was posting my reply (this probably makes no sense, I know. I wish I could explain better)

LOL. :rolleyes: :crazy:

im still partial to the all e.p dave did with them. allroy for prez or allroy saves maybe. cant remember now

Have two tabs to thread open. Refresh tab one to see if new posts were submitted before submitting your post through tab two. If by chance your post is submitted at the same time as another's which then renders your comment moot or redundant, simply edit your comment or delete it.

This isn't normal. Evidence of proxy use.

This isn't normal. Evidence of proxy use.

I don't use proxies. Have no need to. But please explain how/why having more than one tab open for the same website is evidence that a person is using a--legal, btw--proxy? FBE. I suggest you research the definition of evidence. Then figure out if you understand what qualifies as such.

Back
Top Bottom