Morrissey's success with the new album

martynsolo

I don't get it. I read somewhere that Morrissey's new album has reached number 9 in the charts. Surely, for such a dull, uninspired, and almost unlistenable album as this, the cause for the album being in such a position in the charts has to be a combination of starry-eyed people buying the album with their hopes up or some twenty somethings buying the album just beginning to listen to Morrissey's music for the first time!

You cannot appreciate this album at all after having listened to Morrissey's previous albums. You are simply left asking "Morrissey, what were you thinking with this rubbish!!"

I keep listening to this album and I cannot now begin to appreciate it whatsover, although I said at first that Julie in the Weeds and Oboe Concerto was quite good. I cannot listen to Julie at all now, because I keep thinking I'm in some French town selling onions to a little girl. I cannot listen to Oboe because it feels like I'm in some stuffy bar on my own with some geriatric playing a musical instrument.

I just want to run away and put on Suedehead or Everyday Is Like Sunday. There I feel at home and I can hop about around the streets playing fantastic music....:thumb::cool::guitar:

Then along comes Istanbul and feel like I'm being hit on the head with a breeze block. :confused:

Re: Morrissey's success with the new album.

I don't get it. I read somewhere that Morrissey's new album has reached number 9 in the charts. Surely, for such a dull, uninspired, and almost unlistenable album as this, the cause for the album being in such a position in the charts has to be a combination of starry-eyed people buying the album with their hopes up or some twenty somethings buying the album just beginning to listen to Morrissey's music for the first time!

You cannot appreciate this album at all after having listened to Morrissey's previous albums. You are simply left asking "Morrissey, what were you thinking with this rubbish!!"

I keep listening to this album and I cannot now begin to appreciate it whatsover, although I said at first that Julie in the Weeds and Oboe Concerto was quite good. I cannot listen to Julie at all now, because I keep thinking I'm in some French town selling onions to a little girl. I cannot listen to Oboe because it feels like I'm in some stuffy bar on my own with some geriatric playing a musical instrument.

I just want to run away and put on Suedehead or Everyday Is Like Sunday. There I feel at home and I can hop about around the streets playing fantastic music....:thumb::cool::guitar:

Then along comes Istanbul and feel like I'm being hit on the head with a breeze block. :confused:

You've solved your problem, right there, all by yourself.

Me, I can't get enough of WPINOYB. I've been waiting for this record since Vauxhall and I.

you know where you read it? on this very own site! so what was the point of creating another effin thread, when you could have easily replied to the original

I think it's time to change the bong water, son.

I don’t get when people make blanket statements like this and speak for others. I never understand when someone says “there’s NO WAY you actually like this”. I think WPINOYB is GREAT, but I don’t question people that say they don’t like it. I’m just glad I do.

you know where you read it? on this very own site! so what was the point of creating another effin thread, when you could have easily replied to the original

He made the mistake thinking he had something original to say but then realised he'd already clicked submit.

I think it's a truly wonderful album and I must say I'm someone who has been enjoying his more recent albums less and less.
This one however is one of his best, in my opinion.

Speak for yourself sunshine, Moz is back on form with WPINOYB and I'm neither 'starry-eyed' nor a new fan.

i wonder if world peace will be a new musical turn and direction or just a musical one off with the flamenco and horns. i hope so at elast

I think the new albulm is beautifuly produced and quite inspired.

I know we all wish it was 91-94 again( maybe not the highschool part) but people change and life goes on.

You can't expect people to live and re-create their past-selves, that's not fair nor interesting.

I think the new albulm is beautifuly produced and quite inspired.

I know we all wish it was 91-94 again( maybe not the highschool part) but people change and life goes on.

You can't expect people to live and re-create their past-selves, that's not fair nor interesting.

I love WPINOYB and have no desire whatsoever to go back to the past. We've been there and done that.

people living in circles.
music taste still in circles
reliving past memories in circles

sooner or later you'll have to break free.
aren't you bored of the same shit?

people living in circles.
music taste still in circles
reliving past memories in circles

sooner or later you'll have to break free.
aren't you bored of the same shit?

No. I am not bored. There is something magical about those songs; something romantic. The lyrics of those songs are poetic, they are not artificial and they mean something. They are attacking and you can listen to the song and identify with it personally because you've gone through it. Cannot say the same for this new album of his. Seems to me that Morrissey is writing for a new, younger fan base who cannot appreciate fully his earlier works - you know the one's who have come by Morrissey by listening to Mark Ronson's Stop Me and thinks it is the best song in the world.

Back
Top Bottom