The Dollar Store Thread - A Festivus For The Other Half

A

Anonymous

Please post your dollar store finds here. I am partial to the Dollar Tree.
No H.M. stuff. No $3,000 coffee machines for me! :)

It should've been A Festivus For The Rest Of Us.

You know you're a poet and didn't know it. :cool:

Having said that I don't shop at the Dollar Store. I have a latent mild fear of expired food.

What does H.M mean? High and Mighty? Seriously tho. What. Does. It. Mean???

I don't shop dollar stores either, not sure what I'm doing in this thread!

We're not all rich! And they sell a lot more than food. Start a "I'm rich" thread. No one is stopping you.

One of the most seminal and important events of my childhood was when my maternal grandmother would take me to Pick 'n Save and let me pick out one item under a dollar. I cherished that. I designed and fought elaborate battles in my backyard with tiny plastic toys from the Dollar Tree of the 80s. Now it's called Big Lots but I call it Beg Lost in my mind baby brain because Geb is Nut's boyfriend and Nut is basically the Sacred Feminine. But I digress... :D

I love The Dollar Tree. I buy my Sugar Babies there. Plus cards and wrapping paper, coffee filters, gum, and much more.

There are things to talk about
Be constructive

There are weapons, we can use
Be constructive
With your blues

Even when they tore the wall down
Even when they tore the wall down

Why don't you quiet down?
Why won't you quiet down?
Why don't you quiet down?
Why won't you quiet down?
[?]
We are the dollar and cents

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't take issue with The Dollar Store. In fact, I was once addicted to it, almost. I think this thread has legs.

Now, having said that, I can see how some would say "oh it's slave labor, etc." but you can always look and see where the product is made and make an informed decision. Don't be fooled. Williams-Sonoma sells some of the same stuff as Wal-Mart. I've seen shirts in the garment district in L.A. (which is a mixed bag in terms of labor rights) for three to four times more at The Gap - and I mean the exact same shirts.

I do have one Dollar Tree horror story. I don't blame Dollar Tree. I blame the manufacturer / company and Dollar Tree has taken the product off the market (I called the F.D.A. and they were useless). However, I think they pulled it, not on just on my account, but because Dollar Tree themselves either complained to the company and opted not to carry it, and/or the District Manager at the store near me after listening to my story contacted the higher ups and the chain stopped selling it.

PM me if you want the details. It was terrifying. And because of this, I would NEVER ever buy food there, and especially not for an animal. Better that I get lead poisoning than an animal. If I cannot eat it, I would never give it to an animal. This means, I will grab and handful of "Taste of The Wild" or whatever and try it, before feeding it to a dog.

I don't take issue with The Dollar Store. In fact, I was once addicted to it, almost. I think this thread has legs.

Now, having said that, I can see how some would say "oh it's slave labor, etc." but you can always look and see where the product is made and make an informed decision. Don't be fooled. Williams-Sonoma sells some of the same stuff as Wal-Mart. I've seen shirts in the garment district in L.A. (which is a mixed bag in terms of labor rights) for three to four times more at The Gap - and I mean the exact same shirts.

I do have one Dollar Tree horror story. I don't blame Dollar Tree. I blame the manufacturer / company and Dollar Tree has taken the product off the market (I called the F.D.A. and they were useless). However, I think they pulled it, not on just on my account, but because Dollar Tree themselves either complained to the company and opted not to carry it, and/or the District Manager at the store near me after listening to my story contacted the higher ups and the chain stopped selling it.

PM me if you want the details. It was terrifying. And because of this, I would NEVER ever buy food there, and especially not for an animal. Better that I get lead poisoning than an animal. If I cannot eat it, I would never give it to an animal. This means, I will grab and handful of "Taste of The Wild" or whatever and try it, before feeding it to a dog.

One time my boss bought a can of tuna from the dollar store and it was literally a can of grey water with flakes of fish guts floating in it.

Back
Top Bottom