Gregory House or Walter White?

realitybites

making lemonade
Who is the most brilliant? Sexiest? Most logical? Baddest? Wittiest? Who would you rather go on a road trip with?
Sleep With? Who is your favorite among the two and why? Who is the better actor, Laurie or Cranston?

House:
House-M.D.-Gregory-House-1479.jpg
vs. White:
walter-white-465x309.jpg

Just wrapping up my binge re-watching marathon of House M.D. Have eight episodes left in the series. I almost had forgotten why I adored the House character so much. But now I remember. First off he is an atheist. One of the first on TV. And he is brilliant, snarky, playful, humorous, witty, a bad boy alpha male, a loner, vulnerable. I can relate to him in many ways--particularly the atheist and loner parts. But he is much more cynical and mistrusting than me and a certified misanthrope--whereas I love people.

Walter White is also a real badass. And highly intelligent. But he is much more family-oriented than House.

I am going with House as my favorite character of the two. And he is the person I would rather sleep with and go on a road trip with. As far as who is the better actor between Laurie and Cranston, I think it is a tie. They are both masters at their craft. Both created lovable, memorable, and brilliant characters who changed the TV landscape and set the bar very high for future series. Are there any other characters out there like these two?

Chime in.

Last edited:
Walter White gets my vote in part because I've only ever seen trailers of House. Plus Hugh Laurie will always be the Prince George to me.

Laurie's House accent sounded a bit off to me. Does it sound wrong to Americans?

Walter White gets my vote in part because I've only ever seen trailers of House. Plus Hugh Laurie will always be the Prince George to me.

Laurie's House accent sounded a bit off to me. Does it sound wrong to Americans?

No. His American accent is spot on. House is a genius--literally. And Laurie has created an intelligent, engaging, layered character. Even more so than Walter White. Perhaps give the series another look. I think Breaking Bad as a series is better than House M.D, however. But I think House, the character, is more interesting and likable than White.

Last edited:
White House
Walter Gregory
(I think God's suggesting I go to one of these asap.)

In other news my dad's doctor at Kaiser is named Dr. House.

The plot of House gets idiotically fantastical and implausible as the series progresses making it in my mind a rather stupid series that should've wrapped up in four seasons.

The House / Holmes thing seemed a little tortuous when it was revealed.

I'll give it a go, after The Killing - still not seen the original - the new seasons of Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead, and The Strain, and starting from the start again with Veep, and returning to the radio version of Count Arthur Strong, and...

The House / Holmes thing seemed a little tortuous when it was revealed.

I'll give it a go, after The Killing - still not seen the original - the new seasons of Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead, and The Strain, and starting from the start again with Veep, and returning to the radio version of Count Arthur Strong, and...

OK smartypants, I get it. :p

I have not seen any of those shows except Veep. I think I will wait until they have been off the air for a decade then check them out--like I did with The Sopranos. Still haven't seen a single episode of The Simpsons. Yet I still have your list. :)

as much as I liked Dr. House or Mr. White as characters, don''t see them as the kind of dudes I'd wanna hang out with :o
I'm more about learning things from my elders and then putting that stuff into action with say someone like
The-Strain-David-Bradley_zps305141de.jpg

:guitar:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom