From Buddy Holly to present, list your top 25 bands with 10 bonus picks (if you must), so 35 maximum

Re: From Buddy Holly to present, list your top 25 bands with 10 bonus picks (if you must), so 35 max

Alphabetically:

ALL
Arcade Fire
Beach Boys
Beatles
Big Star
Black Flag
The Cult
The Cure
Dag Nasty
Descendents
Fall Out Boy
Fugazi
Gorilla Biscuits
Green Day
Husker Du
Jawbreaker
KISS (pre-1978)
Lifetime
Minor Threat
Morrissey
Nirvana
Oasis
Pavement
Ramones
Redd Kross
R.E.M.
The Replacements
Screeching Weasel
The Smiths
Smoking Popes
Sugar
Superchunk
Teenage Fanclub
Weezer
Youth Of Today

I think this is 35? I'm an idiot.

Re: From Buddy Holly to present, list your top 25 bands with 10 bonus picks (if you must), so 35 max

Already realized I left some key things off blerg!

how do you feel about all the ben weasel news ive been reading of late fred?

how do you feel about all the ben weasel news ive been reading of late fred?

Doesn't bother me. Same with Joe Queer. I may not agree with the views they have on a lot of things, but I don't think they're racists/sexist/homophobes at all.

i meant the news about him punching that girl in the face on camera at a show

i meant the news about him punching that girl in the face on camera at a show

That was in 2011 though. I mean...would I act that way? No. But it won't stop me from enjoying his music.

dont get me wrong i for sure own some of his records, the first being teenage punks in heat, but its hard to look at my nieces and think that im giving this guy money. not one but two women one who was trying to stop him from hitting the first.

dont get me wrong i for sure own some of his records, the first being teenage punks in heat, but its hard to look at my nieces and think that im giving this guy money. not one but two women one who was trying to stop him from hitting the first.

I won't justify/condemn his actions without knowing all the details, y'know?

its on video so its hard to deny. anyway to offset what you might see as a judgement, its not, let me ask this, whats your favorite fallout boy album? yeah that period of greenday is great and there best but i really liked american idiot and think he put belief over sales even though it did well. many bands on indie punk rock labels refused to be on the rock against bush comp fat put out even though they wanted to but were afraid to anger there label and risk sales. i thought what greenday did with that album was brave imo

thats a good list crystal. merle haggard, hank williams and motzart (sic) are all good company. still cant take the national but you picked some good ones. no one remembers grandaddy anymore and they made two really really good albums. one i cant listen to cause it makes me sad

We're half awake in a fake empire.

i dont think anyone wants me anymore awake than i am already. dont get me wrong i dont dislike the band but i always get kinda bored with it, whatever song im listening from them. obviously good musicians and it very obviously struck a chord in a lot of people but just not me

35 max?! I'm gonna mess this up!

Morrissey

The Smiths

Elvis Presley

Pet Shop Boys

Red House Painters / Mark Kozelek / Sun Kil Moon

Suede

Joy Division / New Order

Ride

Belle & Sebastian

Catherine Wheel

Magnetic Fields

The Beatles

Slowdive

Grant Hart / Husker Du / Nova Mob

Cocteau Twins

David Bowie

OMD

Gene

Depeche Mode

Blur

Scott Walker

Brian Eno

Pulp

The Buzzcocks

Echo & The Bunnymen

Strangelove

The Clash

Dinosaur Jr.

Stone Roses

The Cure

Lush

Velvet Underground

Tindersticks

Chapterhouse

Tame Impala

In a Ride mood today ...

Last edited by a moderator:

nice lisa. i loved grant hearts last album

I'll give it a go but it's impossible.

The Smiths
Morrissey
The Clash
Siouxsie & The Banshees
Patti Smith
Prince
R.E.M.
Kate Bush
The Beatles
The The
Dexy's Midnight Runners
Ian Dury & The Blockheads
Scott Walker
Curts Mayfield
Elvis
Elvis Costello
Chuck Berry
David Bowie
James
Madonna
Nick Cave
Neil Young
Loudon Wainwright III
Buzzcocks
Bob Marley
Briam Eno
Oh I can't do it too many.

1. White Lines (Don't Do It) - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
2. Walk This Way - Run DMC & Aerosmith
3. Rappers Delight - Sugar Hill Gang
4. Fight The Power - Public Enemy
5. Fight For Your Right - Beastie Boys
6. Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio
7. Planet Rock - Afrika Bambatta
8. The Message - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
9. Killing Me Softly - The Fugees
10. Stan - Eminem
11. I'll Be Missing You - Puff Daddy
12. California Love - 2Pac
13. Cop Killa - Ice T
14. The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly) - Missy Elliott
15. I Need Love - LL Cool J
16. Doo Wop (That Thing) - Lauryn Hill
17. Push It - Salt-N-Pepa
18. Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
19. Ms. Jackson - Outkast
20. Work It - Missy Elliott
21. Nuthin But A 'G' Thang. Dr. Dre
22. People Everyday - Arrested Development
23. 99 Problems - Jay Z
24. Crossroads - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
25. Mo Money Mo Problems - Notorious B.I.G.
26. Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
27. Country Grammer - Nelly
28. Gin & Juice - Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre
29. In Da Club - 50 Cent
30. Stop The Violence Movement - Self Destruction
31. Hey Ya - Outkast
32. Everything Is Everything - Lauryn Hill
33. Mind's Playing Tricks On Me - Geto Boys
34. Looking For The Perfect Beat - Afrika Bambatta
35. No Sleep Till Brooklyn - Beastie Boys

Ghoul had the second post after J. Fairplay. Very good. He then did a delete (not an edit) because he had 40.
If he had not put Beastie Boys on, I don't think people would be putting them on as much.

Respectfully,

Sergio (a.k.a "Seth")

I didn't put the Smiths because in my brain, Morrissey is The Smiths.

Back
Top Bottom