'This Charming Charlie' creator offers Morrissey a record deal

Nope, she really didn't. I know Lauren, and she's a good person.

Not like Davidt, he's and lazy, at least she does more than a blog or a forum, and the music from her label is good I really enjoy listening

Not like Davidt, he's and lazy, at least she does more than a blog or a forum, and the music from her label is good I really enjoy listening

How many names are you going to try and post with? You're dull, and your schtick is see-through.

P.

How amazing would a collaboration be between Morrissey and Angelo Badalamenti. The Booth and the Bad Angel record that Angelo did with Tim Booth of James was pretty great.

My god... please explain to me what Harvest did that was so dramatically deal breaking that he requested his album to be pulled from all avenues of support ?

Did he expect for them to make it the marquee banner on iTunes? Did he really think that his music should be a google doodle? Did he really think that Harvest should have convinced Amazon to devote their entire front page to the album?

What in God's name does he expect?

When he complained about one or two record labels... okay I get it... Maybe they were too demanding and unwilling to abide by his requests or compromise... However we are at a time where everyone can look back and review his claims about his record companies. Are we really to believe that EVERY record company has it out for this guy? If I was a record executive, I wouldn't touch his music or associate with him. It would not be worth the trouble.

'Genius' is a bit strong. She takes existing Peanuts strips by Shultz and pastes over words written by Morrissey. I mean, it's vaguely cute and all, but cutting and pasting other people's work isn't that hard.

My god... please explain to me what Harvest did that was so dramatically deal breaking that he requested his album to be pulled from all avenues of support ?

Did he expect for them to make it the marquee banner on iTunes? Did he really think that his music should be a google doodle? Did he really think that Harvest should have convinced Amazon to devote their entire front page to the album?

What in God's name does he expect?

When he complained about one or two record labels... okay I get it... Maybe they were too demanding and unwilling to abide by his requests or compromise... However we are at a time where everyone can look back and review his claims about his record companies. Are we really to believe that EVERY record company has it out for this guy? If I was a record executive, I wouldn't touch his music or associate with him. It would not be worth the trouble.

You can ask all the questions you think you know the answers to all you like. It's just more rabid speculation. You don't know what deal they had or why they went their separate ways. Just because you can throw up answers to your own questions that doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

You'll never solve the mystery but I'll bet you'll keep listening to Morrissey's albums regardless of how his business dealings go, so really wtf does it matter?

Lauren LoPrete, the genius behind 'This Charming Charlie' (which we know Morrissey likes) runs a record label. She has posted a message to Morrissey inviting him to join the roster at Loglady Records:

Dear Morrissey,

Just like you, I too can be intensely persistent. I’m sorry to hear about the dishonorable treatment that Harvest has given your new album. I’m reaching out to you in the only way I know possible. Did you know I run a record label?
We believe that World peace is none of your business should get the respect it deserves, without executives controlling the channels. We value our musicians and act as platform for their voice and opinions to be heard. We won’t stop any of our artists from saying, sharing or doing what they believe in.
Lets talk.
Lauren LoPrete

Loglady Records
Oakland, California

Source: http://thischarmingcharlie.tumblr.com/post/96100004792/dear-morrissey-just-like-you-i-too-can-be

Genius - the idea wasn't even hers first, she was just the first to re do it on line

You can ask all the questions you think you know the answers to all you like. It's just more rabid speculation. You don't know what deal they had or why they went their separate ways. Just because you can throw up answers to your own questions that doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

You'll never solve the mystery but I'll bet you'll keep listening to Morrissey's albums regardless of how his business dealings go, so really wtf does it matter?

Actually, I didn't think that the last one was really any good, so it was recently removed off of my iPhone. I am also not throwing up answers to my own questions. I am wondering what he expected. I am pretty sure I said that. Let me check.

Yup... I did.

I am exploring possible answers not proclaiming definitive ones. As far as his problems with record companies, one can easily find interview after interview of his complaints with each one.

'Genius' is a bit strong. She takes existing Peanuts strips by Shultz and pastes over words written by Morrissey. I mean, it's vaguely cute and all, but cutting and pasting other people's work isn't that hard.

Genius - the idea wasn't even hers first, she was just the first to re do it on line

I can definitely see how it would not be enjoyable for someone as literal-minded as yourself. :rolleyes:

How amazing would a collaboration be between Morrissey and Angelo Badalamenti. The Booth and the Bad Angel record that Angelo did with Tim Booth of James was pretty great.

that also had bernard butler of suede doing the guitar work so theres that added to the mix as well. of course thats who id love to see morrissey do an album with. a bernard morrissey co write couldnt in my mind fail to be anything but an insatiable moment.

I can definitely see how it would not be enjoyable for someone as literal-minded as yourself. :rolleyes:

What a stupid thing to say. Im sure in your mind anyone who uses anything Morrissey related is a "genius". Its people like use who have made the word useless

What a stupid thing to say. Im sure in your mind anyone who uses anything Morrissey related is a "genius". Its people like use who have made the word useless

No need to fret as long as we have people such as yourself (pardon me, I mean "people like use") with such a masterful command of the English language to set us right!

No need to fret as long as we have people such as yourself (pardon me, I mean "people like use") with such a masterful command of the English language to set us right!

I love it when she gets nasty :)

FWIW, I have loved the This Charming Charlie comics since I first saw them pop up. I was a bit relieved to find out that Moz liked them too!

Back
Top Bottom