Morrissey spotted in NYC today?

Re: Morrissey spotted in NYC today???????

I have actively avoided every situation in which there was even a remote chance I might see Morrissey off-stage, including in-store signings. I have no desire to approach and/or speak to him. I completely understand those who do, but I prefer the distance.

I was at the Cat & Fiddle and he showed up (no joke) and in all my fantasies of "that day" I thought I'd be a wreck. Nope, calm as a cucumber. He's mellow so it made me mellow. But if I knew he was sighted somewhere, I wouldn't go there to gawk. There's something invasive and creepy about that. Unless it was a concert and we were both watching the show, but I wouldn't approach him. I know people probably don't believe that but I have empathy for the guy, zombies have RUINED normal people exchange for him. Some girl kept begging him to sing karaoke at her wedding and he kept saying no and she didn't take the hint and it was 1000 times awkward. I feel just walking up to him is equally as awkward. Or I put the cow in coward. :p

That's what's wrong with America. Maybe Moz is spotted and the locals dash for their cars. What are you going to do if you see him? Chloroform his square jaw and bundle him into the boot, sorry I mean trunk. I walked past Moz twice on the streets of Dublin back in the 90's and nodded at him. He smiled and returned the nod. I didn't need to post it on the internet or blubber at his feet. I am a long term serious fan of the man but you have to have some self respect. I doubt if he appreciates being mauled on the street.

Uhhh, you just posted it on the internet. But I get what you are saying, you are different than others, hey I'm different than you, we are very cool. But so are the others, in there own different than you way.

When I met Morrissey the first time in 1992 (tour...but this is actually a great story...I saved him from dismemberment), I did not have anything to get signed, and I did not think to have him sign me or my t-shirt...which had his face on it. When I met Morrissey again in 2004 (tour), I was afraid to ask even though I had a magazine and paint pen in my hand. When I met Morrissey in 2009 (tour), I asked and got it. I wanted his autograph since 1991...it only took me 18 years to get...and it happened very naturally.

I am curious about a few somewhat related things:

If he signed you, would you get a permanent tattoo, even if you loath tattoos?

If you love him, why don't you name your pets and children after him more often?

I forgot the third thing...

When I met Morrissey the first time in 1992 (tour...but this is actually a great story...I saved him from dismemberment), I did not have anything to get signed, and I did not think to have him sign me or my t-shirt...which had his face on it. When I met Morrissey again in 2004 (tour), I was afraid to ask even though I had a magazine and paint pen in my hand. When I met Morrissey in 2009 (tour), I asked and got it. I wanted his autograph since 1991...it only took me 18 years to get...and it happened very naturally.

If you love him, why don't you name your pets and children after him more often?

It's one of my dreams to get an autograph tattoo.

It's one of my dreams to get an autograph tattoo.

Let's say he was willing to sign you anywhere, where would you want to be signed? Would you pretty much immediately go and get this made permanent?

Let's say he was willing to sign you anywhere, where would you want to be signed? Would you pretty much immediately go and get this made permanent?

I would want my wrist, but if he couldn't fit it there, my forearm. Yes I would go get inked.

Sorry, but with the exception of tourists outside TV show tapings, I have NEVER ever in my entire life seen a celebrity mobbed (or even politely approached!) in New York City. You're painting with way too broad a brush.

In case it wasn't totally obvious (I guess it wasn't), I was joking about keeping an eye out for him. I am also quite certain Fred was joking about driving to New York from Philadelphia. :rolleyes:

haha yes, I was joking! I was at work when I typed that too so I doubt they’d have been too keen on me just heading out :)

On a somewhat related note, however, tonight I left work and we went to a Farmers Market they have every Friday near us. There’s a little record shop in town where I’ve become friendly w/ the owner and his wife and I happened to see them in the pizza shop and she noticed my Moz shirt and said “Boz was in our store a couple years ago” and apparently there’s a picture of him in there hanging up that I never noticed! Of course I will need to snap a pic, so yeah...I’m kinda “that guy”.

I have 0 tattoos and, I’m not gonna lie, it would be very hard to resist not getting the signature tattooed on me somewhere.

I have 0 tattoos and, I’m not gonna lie, it would be very hard to resist not getting the signature tattooed on me somewhere.

I'll be even more candid - won't lie. I loath tattoos. But if he signed me...yeah...I think I'd, you know, take the plunge.

I'll be even more candid - won't lie. I loath tattoos. But if he signed me...yeah...I think I'd, you know, take the plunge.

I have debated getting tattooed a couple times, but honestly there’s just so many things I’d rather spend my money on - like Morrissey records!

Yes. I don't loathe tattoos (quite the opposite), but I don't have any. I've been thinking about it a lot over the past few years, though, and I can't imagine having anything permanently inked on my body that isn't Morrissey-related. I would never design my own tattoo, because for me part of the attraction is in commissioning an artist to create something just for me. I'd be too critical of anything I did myself. Finding a vegan-friendly tattoo artist who likes Morrissey and whose work I love and who doesn't have a 5-year consultation waiting list is next to impossible around here.

I think autograph tattoos look amazing, and if I somehow managed to get over all of my "I don't want to meet my heroes" issues and had him sign my arm, I'd want it BIG. Like entire forearm big. I'm certain I'm not going to stop loving Morrissey and realistically speaking my life is already halfway over...so why the hell not, right?

Right.

p.s. Are animal materials generally used in the process?

Yes. I don't loathe tattoos (quite the opposite), but I don't have any. I've been thinking about it a lot over the past few years, though, and I can't imagine having anything permanently inked on my body that isn't Morrissey-related. I would never design my own tattoo, because for me part of the attraction is in commissioning an artist to create something just for me. I'd be too critical of anything I did myself. Finding a vegan-friendly tattoo artist who likes Morrissey and whose work I love and who doesn't have a 5-year consultation waiting list is next to impossible around here. I think autograph tattoos look amazing, and if I somehow managed to get over all of my "I don't want to meet my heroes" issues and had him sign my arm, I'd want it BIG. Like entire forearm big. I'm certain I'm not going to stop loving Morrissey and realistically speaking my life is already halfway over...so why the hell not, right?

I wouldn't ask him to sign me and if he did, I wouldn't get a tattoo. I don't want to be marked or owned as signified by a permanent mark on my body. By anybody.

And I already had a cat named Morris before I knew who Morrissey was. :D He was my first pet. He replaced Elvis who died of feline leukemia. Elvis was the family cat but Morris was my cat, he followed me around and slept in my bed every night. When we moved to Orange County he decided he wanted to live with the neighbor for some reason, so I let him. :o They said it wasn't a problem.

15075944051_bfff029071_z.jpg

That's our Rabbit in the background. :D We had a diesel rabbit hatchback my dad bought, one of the first "new" cars he bought, we're a classic car family.

Last edited:

Right.

p.s. Are animal materials generally used in the process?

Yes. Most inks are laden with a variety of animal products, as are the transfer papers and the commonly-recommended products used to protect the tattoo while it's healing. There are vegan alternatives for all of these things, though, and they are becoming more and more common.

super cute pic. sorry about your cat who died, i know its a long time ago but after working in a vets office i know thats not pleasant.

so does anyone here actually have any tattoos?

Yes. I don't loathe tattoos (quite the opposite), but I don't have any. I've been thinking about it a lot over the past few years, though, and I can't imagine having anything permanently inked on my body that isn't Morrissey-related. I would never design my own tattoo, because for me part of the attraction is in commissioning an artist to create something just for me. I'd be too critical of anything I did myself. Finding a vegan-friendly tattoo artist who likes Morrissey and whose work I love and who doesn't have a 5-year consultation waiting list is next to impossible around here.

Your contributions to these forums are truly wonderful. You are also the most H.M. person I have never met.

Back
Top Bottom