Do you think Morrissey will finish the 2014 European Tour?

Do you think MORRISSEY will finish the 2014 European Tour ?

• yes

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • no

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • bonus: yes, but with cancellations along the way...but he will play the last date scheduled

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • bonus: not sure but if you look at the space between dates, he is clearly overdoing it...

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
Just curious... has he ever managed such a lengthy tour with so many shows - without cancelling a lot of them or calling it quits early?

Just curious... has he ever managed such a lengthy tour with so many shows - without cancelling a lot of them or calling it quits early?

The last few years (2012-2014) have been particularly bad as far as his touring record goes. However, while just about every tour has always had 4-6 cancellations/postponement incidents, it should be noted that overall (as far as Morrissey is concerned) 1997-2007 were largely successful. As my memory serves, 2009 was when things really started to become absurd and repetitive.

It's always been a risk to some degree - more so recently. I think people who have seen a lot of Morrissey shows over the years have come to accept that when you buy a ticket, its a gamble.

I really, really, really hope he can do this. In part because that would mean he's gotten his health in check, but also just to turn the general public view of Morrissey away from being "that guy who cancels all of his concerts."

Selfishly speaking, I would also hope that completing these dates would be a good sign that he'll come back to the US to finish what he started here. :(

The Summer of 2007 when he caught a cold while performing on David Letterman (or whatever the excuse was) was when things started to get serious with cancellations.
The last few years (2012-2014) have been particularly bad as far as his touring record goes. However, while just about every tour has always had 4-6 cancellations/postponement incidents, it should be noted that overall (as far as Morrissey is concerned) 1997-2007 were largely successful. As my memory serves, 2009 was when things really started to become absurd and repetitive.

It's always been a risk to some degree - more so recently. I think people who have seen a lot of Morrissey shows over the years have come to accept that when you buy a ticket, its a gamble.

Yes, that is just about when it all started. Did you have a ticket for the Madison Sq. Garden show that June? He claimed that the A/C was too cold in the Letterman studio, I believe.
And I agree with him because when I was in the audience for the last Letterman taping, it was so cold that I was shivering (in January). ;)

The Summer of 2007 when he caught a cold while performing on David Letterman (or whatever the excuse was) was when things started to get serious with cancellations.

Yup..had tickets for the whole week that were cancelled..

so glad this video is still on youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
And to be fair..he did make up the Philly date (which was my favorite concert of his ever) and Atlantic City. Then had added another leg with the five nights at the Hammerstein which were incredible.

31 dates on this tour?! There is absolutely NO WAY he will do all of them. Can we have a separate thread with a poll to guess how many shows he will actually do???

31 dates on this tour?! There is absolutely NO WAY he will do all of them. Can we have a separate thread with a poll to guess how many shows he will actually do???

Good idea.
And to take it a step further, we could guess which dates he will perform, which dates he will cancel, and which will be postponted.
We will assign points. And...the bonus rounds will include reasons for cancellations.

Hmmmm....what else?

Oh right. Yes, of course, the aborted Boston show which led to many more cancellations, some of which were rescheduled, as you noted

Good idea.
And to take it a step further, we could guess which dates he will perform, which dates he will cancel, and which will be postponted.
We will assign points. And...the bonus rounds will include reasons for cancellations.

Hmmmm....what else?

How about some sort of prize to the person who comes closest to the number of shows that will go on as scheduled?

There weren't 31 scheduled dates when I voted in this poll. :straightface: I will be SO HAPPY if he manages to finish this tour in one piece, but...

Morrissey, contrary to popular belief, appears to be the ultimate optimist.

And to be fair..he did make up the Philly date (which was my favorite concert of his ever) and Atlantic City. Then had added another leg with the five nights at the Hammerstein which were incredible.

The show in 2007 at the Mann? That was the only time so far that Eurydice and I saw him together (I saw him in 2004 on the Quarry tour once). Both were awesome. I am really hoping this tour goes well for the same reasons as Chickpea. I want the whole “Morrissey cancelled” jokes to be less and less relevant, and I also hope he comes over here. As much as I wish I could afford to attend multiple shows on the tour if he does come here, I have to accept that time/money wise I can only afford one, so it better not be cancelled if so :)

Yes..I was front row and got my first handshake that night.
The show in 2007 at the Mann? That was the only time so far that Eurydice and I saw him together (I saw him in 2004 on the Quarry tour once). Both were awesome. I am really hoping this tour goes well for the same reasons as Chickpea. I want the whole “Morrissey cancelled” jokes to be less and less relevant, and I also hope he comes over here. As much as I wish I could afford to attend multiple shows on the tour if he does come here, I have to accept that time/money wise I can only afford one, so it better not be cancelled if so :)

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140802_01

Athens & Istanbul make 33 dates...and we know Istanbul is happening b/c he said so in the interview with Vegan Logic.

You don't think I'll make it (I never said I wanted to well, did I ?)

There weren't 31 scheduled dates when I voted in this poll. :straightface: I will be SO HAPPY if he manages to finish this tour in one piece, but...

Morrissey, contrary to popular belief, appears to be the ultimate optimist.

Back
Top Bottom