Panic

Mountjoy

Hi. I have just found a 12" copy of Panic which has a complete sheet of stickers with it. Is this rare? Anyone know?

Hi. I have just found a 12" copy of Panic which has a complete sheet of stickers with it. Is this rare? Anyone know?

It falls into the not super-rare but not entirely common catagory, which sounds like a dreadful piece of fence sitting!

The most recent (but widely discredited) Record Collector Magazine Top 100 Smiths Rarities listed it at no.97 and valued it at around £25.00. This was probably one of the more accurate valuations in that particular list. Their 'Rare Record Price Guide 2014' which is geared more towards the price a dealer would pay for a mint copy, as opposed to what a collector would be prepared to pay (which, after all is entirely up to the individual) indicates its value as £15.00 - £20.00.

It's rare enough and depending on the condition, near mint, £30 would be my value

It's not rare.

Both 7" and 12" with a sheet of stickers at the release in July 1986.

I advise you to look up http://passionsjustlikemine.com where has this kind of information.

I think the question as to the current rarity status of a 28 year old item is more than fair, and undeserving of this sort of black-and-white reply.

Back
Top Bottom