Morcheeba thread

J

Justin Playfair

My third favorite musical artist of all-time, Morcheeba.

"Whirlwind" by Morcheeba

-lead vocals by Skye Edwards!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morcheeba thread!!!

"Blue Chair" by Morcheeba

-lead vocals by Judie Tzuke.

"Get Along" by Morcheeba and Pace Won

-An absolute masterpiece. Lead vocals by Skye and Pace Won.

"Easier Said Than Done" by Morcheeba

-vocals by Skye Edwards.

Skye.jpg

"Au-dela" by Morcheeba

-vocals by Manda.

Manda.jpg

"Antidote" by Morcheeba

-vocals by Daisy Martey & Rob Mullender. Truly phenomenal vocals.

"Trigger Hippie" by Morcheeba

-A masterpiece. Lead vocals by Skye Edwards.

"Gimme Your Love" (short version w/ better sound quality) by Morcheeba

And the long version (album version).....

-Amazing vocals, truly amazing, by Skye Edwards.

-Devastatingly beautiful vocals by Skye. That's the only way I can describe the vocals showcased in this incredible song.

"Otherwise" by Morcheeba

-Daisy strikes again!! Wow!

"Wonders Never Cease" by Morcheeba

Daisy Martey.jpg

Daisy Martey

-Here's the shortened video version of the song. The sound is loud in this MTV music video.

"Wonders Never Cease" (short version) by Morcheeba

One more addition to the blizzard of Morcheeba songs. This isn't the greatest music video of all-time but Skye is awesome in it. She singlehandedly carries the video, and the song for that matter.

"Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" by Morcheeba

-Skye really does do all the heavy lifting in this video. The Godfrey brothers both look like they're going through a mid-life crisis as the video unfurls (1:32 to 1:36, etc.). They try to dance in unison later, but this falls flat. Neither one of them have an ounce of Sedaka in them (Neil Sedaka that is). They are tremendous songwriters though, even if the music in this song isn't a peak moment for them.

Sedaka 2.jpg

Legends don't come easy. Quite simply, Sedaka.

Attachments

• Sedaka..jpg
    Sedaka..jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 3

"Never an Easy Way" by Morcheeba

-Another masterpiece! Skye sizzles and the Godfrey brothers provide awesome music!

This is one of the greatest "feel-good" songs of all-time.......

"Let Me See" by Morcheeba

-Awesome music by the Godfreys and Skye sparkles from beginning to end!

Daisy Martey blows this song up.......

"Daylight Robbery" by Morcheeba

-Put your hands in the air, this is a stick-up! Enjoy!

Daisy..jpg

Daisy Martey

Skye Edwards and the Godfrey brothers split up in the fall of 2003. This split came shortly after the release of their 2002 masterpiece, "Charango." ("Charango" is my favorite Morcheeba album, and one of my five favorite albums by anyone.) Incredibly, it was the Godfrey brothers who jettisoned Skye, citing "creative and personal differences." This actually didn't bother her very much as "she was under the impression that the band had ceased to operate." Skye took a little time off and then launched a successful solo career. (She's released three solo albums, my favorite being the stellar and underrated "Mind How You Go.")

220px-Cover_of_Mind_How_You_Go_by_Skye_Edwards.jpg

Here's a fabulous song from "Mind How You Go".....

"Solitary" by Skye

-Absolutely beautiful.

The brothers Godfrey also took a little time off. Then they decided to resurrect Morcheeba music, with a new lead vocalist to showcase their songs. They asked Daisy Martey, the remarkable vocalist of Noonday Underground, if she wanted to join the group. Daisy accepted the offer. Here's an example of Daisy's phenomenal work with Noonday Underground......

"Go It Alone" by Noonday Underground

-One of my top ten songs of all-time, by anyone. Absolutely incredible!

-this song is off of the 2002 album entitled "Surface Noise."

In 2005 Morcheeba would release their fifth studio album, "The Antidote." This album is superb, and is my second favorite Morcheeba album. However, this would be the only album that Daisy and the Godfrey brothers would ever make together. As the autumn leaves fell the Godfreys incredibly fired Daisy, in the middle of the promotional tour. In the span of less than two years, they had managed to fire two of the greatest vocalists in the history of recorded music. Daisy quickly sued the Godfreys for "breach of contract and defamation." Accusations flew from both sides and bitterness unfortunately carried the day. I don't know if we'll ever know the true story of what went down in 2005. The brothers Godfrey were now without a vocalist, and were about to "Dive Deep," into their season in the abyss.

The brothers Godfrey.jpg

Godfrey brothers, with no one else to turn to except for each other, and the abyss.

...more info coming soon...

Hey Justin

Have you got the unplugged bootleg (?) from France. I think it's live at the boule noire or something?

I think I had a single track from that performance, and that was years ago (late nineties).

If you could upload it if you've got it, that would be brilliant :)

Hey Justin

Have you got the unplugged bootleg (?) from France. I think it's live at the boule noire or something?

I think I had a single track from that performance, and that was years ago (late nineties).

If you could upload it if you've got it, that would be brilliant :)

Hi Luke,

I don't have that unplugged bootleg and didn't know it existed. I would love to hear it too. Sorry I don't have it. Hopefully, somehow it will end up on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom