ALS ice bucket challenge?

kissmyshadestoo

Nobody ever looks at me twice
Have you been nominated to do it? I was today.....

Who are the 3 people you are nominating?
I'd like to nominate Johnny Marr......Morrissey and Paul McCartney to do it but I doubt they'd accept :tears:

Not sure how all these people dumping water on their head helps anyone with ALS. Write a check and actually help out.

10494592_10204098786132094_2848143684201567483_n.jpg

It should have been a scenario in which the challenged person has to shave his/her head. I bet that would have increased the donations significantly.

I wish I had money to donate, but I don't.

My first pick is James Iha ( formerly of The Smashing Pumpkins and A Perfect Circle, think that was the name of the band), who is the star of this music video for his luscious song, "To Who Knows Where."

-I love this song and video.

Second pick- Dice.

Dice.jpg

The Diceman Cometh, with a bucket of ice water poured on his dome.

Third pick- My favorite contestant ever on the "Survivor" television series. "Survivor" legend, Lex Van Den Berghe.

Lex-Van-Den-Berghe-Tattoo.jpg

Comp-Lex.

I'll make a fourth pick by selecting peaceful bear. Why not? He (or she) is obviously not up to much, and I bet he (or she) would eagerly support the good cause!

peaceful bear.jpg

Attachments

• The opposite of pathetic. Deal with it people..jpg
    The opposite of pathetic. Deal with it people..jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Damon dumped toilet water on himself in solidarity for his cause water.org.

David Lynch had to go and make the whole thing seem worthwhile, because how did I live without this in my life all these years?

Why viral contribution campaigns are irresponsible.

10660135_10152725584978410_3947596123077530162_n.jpg

I was nominated, did it, threw it into iMovie so I could mesh in a the Jackass guitar riff and warning. My friend dropped a garbage pail full of water off his roof and I cut a check to ALSA.org.

Heart disease may be more prevalent but this is a horrible way to die. A friend of a friend is fast deteriorating and will not be here come Christmas. Last year while watching Sunday football he said his hand felt 'weird' and he was going to a doctor to have it checked out. Less than a year later he is hooked up to a ventilator and lays motionless in his hospital bed. He cannot even talk. He can feel everything though but is powerless to do anything about. Supposedly he feels the itch but cannot scratch.

It is a horrible way to go and to be honest, I never knew how widespread it was until this ice bucket challenge arose. I knew the Yankees Iron Horse died from it and that Hawking has been suffering with it for years. However, I thought it was a few and far between disease. Since it has been gaining attention... apparently it is not as few and far between as one would assume.

Last edited:
Motor Neuron disease is obviously a terrible condition and it must be awful for anyone who has a relative who suffers from it.

That said, the number of people who suffer from it pales in comparison to heart disease and cancer, seems like people are jumping on the bandwagon just to dump some water over their f***ing head it's pathetic, nearly everyone on Facebook is doing it, why not just donate what you want instead of taking part is the lastest online trend.

I never heard of ALS I don't know anyone who has this illness I think is kind of silly why not made a race or a concert

Back
Top Bottom