Spencer Cobrin interview - Jingle Punks

I don't really like to pick fights. Sometimes I get into arguments, but I don't relish it... Still, I think the people who turn Morrissey into their infallible idol and emotional f***-toy show a lot more disrespect to his humanity than any of the people simply saying he is or might be wrong about some things.

I realize there's a lot of things that could be considered offensive (AIDS rumors and the like), but it's hard to equate being critical of (or simply questioning) a person you actually respect and care for with regurgitating tabloid garbage and gossip about them.

There's a bit of both here, but it's all the same to some people, which gets to be pretty annoying.

Last edited:
Oh just f*** off. Who's unable to resist putting the boot in? Moron.

You're like a fat kid with cake, you just can't resist. But keep on going buddy I'm sure Morrissey gives a shit. Not.

Hmm, it is generally more enjoyable abusing the people on the forums as opposed to abusing the one person that a few fans actually still come here to read about.

- and another thread is high jacked, it'll go on for pages until someone brings us back - it must be fun or we would'nt do it.
("...when you know, oh - why do you come")

Stop bickering, girls and look on the bright side.
Somewhere out there exists photographs of sexy sexy Spencer Cobrin and Morrissey at this physical peak frolicking around on a bed and probably doing the filthy!

I don't really like to pick fights. Sometimes I get into arguments, but I don't relish it... Still, I think the people who turn Morrissey into their infallible idol and emotional f***-toy show a lot more disrespect to his humanity than any of the people simply saying he is or might be wrong about some things.

Personally, I just assume everyone is full of shit—especially when they're recording their own life story for posterity. It just comes down to whose shit I'm interested in reading about! That's what I like about personal memoirs, though. The lies matter about as much as the truth.

Jingle Profile: Spencer Cobrin - Jingle Punks

This is a pretty interesting new interview with Spencer. He discusses his soundtrack and compositional work, working with Morrissey and his eventual departure from Morrissey's band. He also more or less confirms the fax story previously told by his Elva Snow bandmate several years ago.

Excerpt:

What caused your departure?
Well, this is old now, but we fell out. He wrote (faxed) some very nasty things to me, he crossed the line and I was heartbroken, completely shocked, and I was left with no choice.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spencer has a degree of dry humour.
He has kept very quiet about many things,
But 2 facebook posts have been funny:
When the bodyguard debacle occurred he posted 'the plot thickens' on his facebook page and he wasn't impressed with royalties of 'Now I Am A Was' which earned him
the grand sum if $0.04616 on spotify. Other than that, he has a life and is quite quiet about things.
Regards,
FWD

I really enjoyed Spencer's contributions to the Moz band when he was in it. His playing improved greatly between "Your Arsenal" and "Southpaw" / "Maladjusted." I agree with him that "Southpaw" is essentially bursting with energy. I also admit the first time I heard the record I was completely put off because it defied my expectations, which is why they're not good to have. When fans try to straightjacket artists in what came before, then there can be no experimentation and growth. I feel similarly about Prefab Sprout. There wasn't a single Sprout record I liked on first listen, then over time, the magic became evident. If Spencer is reading this, thanks for your contributions! And sorry to hear you had a rough landing after the band. Sidemen make so much less than the star in almost all instances.

I still think Spencer comes across very guarded about many things. It's sad to read that after all that touring with Morrissey, Spencer was broke and having to sleep on friends couches. Spencer and Morrissey had a good friendship. It's a great shame that it ended the way it did.

I still think Spencer comes across very guarded about many things. It's sad to read that after all that touring with Morrissey, Spencer was broke and having to sleep on friends couches. Spencer and Morrissey had a good friendship. It's a great shame that it ended the way it did.
I agree. He still seems very proud of his past with Morrissey and what he contributed to the Morrissey legacy, and he should be. His drumming is some of the best to ever appear on a Moz recording. It's nice that he still stays connected with the fans, appearing at conventions and making guest appearances with tribute acts and so forth.

Didn't Moz write a song about Spencer? "It's hard to walk tall when your dick is small", or something?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom