Debates are Over: Time for a Vote: First of the Gang to Die vs. Staircase at the University

Which is the better song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tonymaroney

Choose the best of the two below: gang20members.jpgstaircase.jpg

Last edited:
Staircase might be better, musically, but the lyrics just make me wince.
With the exception of the 'silly boy' line, FOTG is brilliant musically and lyrically.

Staircase might be better, musically, but the lyrics just make me wince.
With the exception of the 'silly boy' line, FOTG is brilliant musically and lyrically.

I love the lyrics. They're hilariously dark. Plus I can relate to them. More so than Hector and his gang.

First Of the Gang. If your looking for World Peace's equivalent of the "catchy obvious lead single" then Kiss Me A Lot would be a better fit.

They're not even the same type of song. :squiffy:

You can relate, elaborate .. How many staircases have you thrown yourself down

I can relate to feeling terrible stress—to the point of wanting to escape it all—over trying to live up to the standards imposed by society (and parents, boyfriend, etc.). Whether it be getting perfect grades or having a perfect figure. Perfection—the desire to obtain it—can be hazardous to one's health. There are fast attempts at suicide which are often lethal such as throwing oneself down a staircase. And there are slow, painful, yet often non-lethal attempts such as starving oneself to death. Either way, they are both cries for help. Do you hear the whistle at the beginning of the song? Did you know that whistles were first used by policemen to call to the other officers to alert them that they need HELP? This was way before two-way radios and cell phones. :p

Satisfied?

I can relate to feeling terrible stress—to the point of wanting to escape it all—over trying to live up to the standards imposed by society (and parents, boyfriend, etc.). Whether it be getting perfect grades or having a perfect figure. Perfection—the desire to obtain it—can be hazardous to one's health. There are fast attempts at suicide which are often lethal such as throwing oneself down a staircase. And there are slow, painful, yet often non-lethal attempts such as starving oneself to death. Either way, they are both cries for help. Do you hear the whistle at the beginning of the song? Did you know that whistles were first used by policemen to call to the other officers to alert them that they need HELP? This was way before two-way radios and cell phones. :p

Satisfied?

Hi, when i said elaborate, i didnt really mean it.

Too late.

About your signature picture, I wonder how he felt knowing Morrissey said: ""There are so many people throughout the world being tortured. But it's their own fault for watching The Big Bang Theory."

About your signature picture, I wonder how he felt knowing Morrissey said: ""There are so many people throughout the world being tortured. But it's their own fault for watching The Big Bang Theory."

You wonder how some fictionalized television character named Sheldon Cooper feels about what some obscure pop star from the UK, who no longer has a record contract, said about his world renowned and beloved sitcom? My guess is that he asked, who?... said what?

Back
Top Bottom