Aimee Mann thread

S

Skylarker

Anyone? Anyone?

She's a favorite of mine. I consider her one of the best lyricists in the world, and every album is solid steel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Aimee Man thread

Anyone? Anyone?

She's a favorite of mine. I consider her one of the best lyricists in the world, and every album is solid steel.

^^^^ That's a great song. I'd never heard it before. I've only heard five or six of her songs but I liked them all, and her lyrics really do shimmer. What's your favorite album of hers?

I bought this song awhile back on ITunes and really like it.

"Charmer" by Aimee Mann

I've seen her live last year in Cologne. Great concert of a great musician!

^^^^ That's a great song. I'd never heard it before. I've only heard five or six of her songs but I liked them all, and her lyrics really do shimmer. What's your favorite album of hers?

I bought this song awhile back on ITunes and really like it.

"Charmer" by Aimee Mann

Mea Culpa is a Charmers outtake.

Honestly, all of her albums are phenomenal but if I had to pick one it would be The Forgotten Arm.

I love
117052_1_f.jpg

and I have heard a lot of her other stuff, seen her in concert twice in the early 90s, great shows
& who can forget:

:blushing:

That was one of my favorite songs ages ago. Didn't know she was still singing. Have to check more of it out. Thanks

I'll be posting a personal faves/best of comp soon, plus a rarities anthology I made.

Do you like her work with Ted Leo as The Both? I come from the Ted Leo side of things, and really enjoyed the two Both shows I saw earlier this year, as well as the album.

Do you like her work with Ted Leo as The Both? I come from the Ted Leo side of things, and really enjoyed the two Both shows I saw earlier this year, as well as the album.

Still getting into it.

Anyone? Anyone?

I can't say I'm into the music, but I had the pleasure of being in her company for an extended period of time once and was surprised at how very, very funny she is. For reasons unknown, I was expecting reserved and shy, but she's sharp, bawdy and all that good stuff. I don't know if that's widely known about her.

Now back to the music.

Back
Top Bottom