Do you think that Morrissey will eventually commit suicide?

S

Skylarker

I don't want him to, or anything. But I wonder sometimes if he ever would. It's hard to picture him getting old to the point of being unable to front a band, or make records, or tour...I mean hell, the touring part is already happening. And let's face it, things aren't going so well for him anymore.

Anyway, not to start shit or anything. I'm sincerely wondering if he will end that way. Many artistic, intelligent people have. Phil Ochs. Cobain. Elliot Smith. Hunter Thompson. Sylvia Plath. The list is very long.

The new album has several references to taking himself out, which granted all of his albums do but I don't know, something just seems very dark right now about him.

Welp, discuss.

And a great big kiss for the first moron to respond with, "no, but you should."

I feel as if he's always thought about it. It is Morrissey after all.
Just the thought of how things would be...life after Morrissey..
Honestly, I don't think he would. After his comment over cobain's suicide. He doesn't have it in him..

I really don't think so. He's a lot tougher than we give him credit for. Plus, he has that whole 'whatever people think I am, I'm not' thing and he's frequently labelled as depressed/depressing. So I think he'll stick around out of sheer bloody-mindedness. In other words, he'll never let the bastards grind him down. :D

Recently I was thinking about how I think he just has an image of being suicidal but he's really not. In his recent interview he called himself a suicidalist. He would have done it by now. It's an image of himself that he clings to. It's probably what feels comfortable to him and to admit it's not really like that would be stepping outside of his comfort zone. I think he's got himself in a little box.

I was also wondering, hypothetically, do you think a ton of his obsessed fans would do copy cat suicides if he ever did it?

Related but not at all the same question. In fact your question, though valid, and fair game, shouldn't even need to be asked. Is he obsessed with Death? Blindly point to any random song; chances are it involves death or a variation of the word/theme.

I already posted about his being stuck in his image and I think that accounts for this too. He sees himself as a very deep and interesting guy but I think he doesn't have anything genuinely new and interesting to say. I don't think he has an awareness of his image he clings to. His self-identity is dependent on it though.

Yes, yes I know so many fans find him so deep and intriguing but with a little more intellligence and maturity you may see through it a little. Btw, I like him but I also see his faults.

This is my 3rd anonymous post. I should have put this all into one.

The only thing that I wonder might trigger it is the death of his mother. I really highly, highly doubt it but you never know how codependent that relationship is. That fashion designer Alexander McQueen killed himself after his mother died. I doubt it but we won't know until it happens.

I think if it was gonna happen, he would've done it by now.

But yeah, whenever and however he goes, as state above, 'life after Morrissey' is gonna be weird.

I've wondered if he's already tried to-there's that Peter Hogg-era Valium rumor. I can't see him quietly slipping into being sick and old, unable to perform.

Luckily he's young, and I hope he's here for a long time.

Do you think people who speculate about the deaths of others are wanking tragically while they do so?

I've wondered if he's already tried to-there's that Peter Hogg-era Valium rumor. I can't see him quietly slipping into being sick and old, unable to perform.

Luckily he's young, and I hope he's here for a long time.

What is the rumor? I never heard it.

Even if he already tried it - he's been around for a long time with the same attitude. I think he would have done it successfully by now if he was going to. Honestly, if you fail at an attempt you learn how to do it the right way if you're going to do it again. If people continue to do it and fail, they aren't trying to kill themselves. They're seeking attention or they simply want to harm themselves and aren't so intent to die.

I've thought about this quite a bit as well. But I don't think he will, he's too angry. His anger at the meat industry, and venting against it is probably what has kept him going, I've always thought.

I've thought about this quite a bit as well. But I don't think he will, he's too angry. His anger at the meat industry, and venting against it is probably what has kept him going, I've always thought.

He thinks about life and death and neither one appeals to him :p He'll ride it out to the end.

Do you think Morrissey will eventually marry a banana?

If it's the right fit.

If-you-know-what-i-mean.png

What is the rumor? I never heard it.

Even if he already tried it - he's been around for a long time with the same attitude. I think he would have done it successfully by now if he was going to. Honestly, if you fail at an attempt you learn how to do it the right way if you're going to do it again. If people continue to do it and fail, they aren't trying to kill themselves. They're seeking attention or they simply want to harm themselves and aren't so intent to die.

I don't remember clearly but it involved a Valium overdose/suicide attempt, in LA I think, in the early 90s.

No I don't think so although I would add that in his old age years from now if he ends up ill and in a state where there is no possibility for recovery I believe he would choose to end it rather than live in a state of uselessness.

Back
Top Bottom