General site operation thread

Re: Article: Identification of Bradley Steyn - true-to-you.net

This is just that pathetic "let's sue Morrissey for having David thrown out of the gig" soap opera all over again. We all knew that was never going to happen and nor is this. There are no threats, no one is taking this seriously, the only outlets even bothering to report it are those which lazily copy and paste from Yahoo Music. The only person this is likely to end badly for is the failed extortionist since you can't make unsubstantiated accusations of criminal behaviour without opening yourself up to slander and libel suits. Funny how the first media outlet to report the story and interview David was the one where David used to work... Nobody cares, apart from the usual suspects on here who happily seize on the most irrelevant non-story so long as it gives them an opportunity to attack Morrissey, no matter how tenuous. Those usual suspects who wilfully choose to ignore the fact that Morrissey employs hyperbole rather than literal threats. You really think he'd want someone to appear at a gig with the bleeding, severed head of Elton John on a silver platter...? Get real, ladies.

In the "is there a negative bias on here" thread, someone correctly pointed out that it would only take "a very small exodus" to make a massive difference to this site. I heartily agree with that. The usual suspects have created this ridiculous false notion that if you don't agree with them or if you accuse them of trolling, then you're just a brainless, sycophantic slag who believes Morrissey can do no wrong and you belong on TTY (another false comparison since TTY has no forum so it's impossible to judge what kind of discussion may or may not take place there). But any sane, intelligent person knows it's entirely possible to have balanced, critical discussion without the endless knee-jerk vitriol from the usual suspects which is so boring, so repetitive and so highly predictable - not to mention highly damaging to the perception of this site. Wishing death on Morrissey or his mother (as has happened here on several occasions without hyperbolic context) adds nothing to any kind of critical debate and it's a real shame David can't (won't?) identify this is for the sad, adolescent trolling it undoubtedly is.

Who says Morrissey was the one scouring the net for mention of this guy? How do we know it wasn't someone in the office of his manager/PA/lawyer and the info was simply passed by him, or by someone else, to TTY? Maybe it was even Julia herself? The real trolls are on THIS site - and the other person harrassing Morrissey has been identified as David Tseng! :D It's David whose actions I just don't understand (and for whom I feel slightly sorry): he says "It's hard to stop being a fan" and yet here he is spending his cash to maintain this website in the full knowledge that he's not welcome at gigs because Morrissey hates him. The usual suspects often comment that Morrissey's statements or actions are "undignified", but I'd say that if we're talking about a lack of dignity, David continuing to run this site and insisting he's a fan beats everything hands down. But then since David can't see a distinction between idiot trolling and freedom of speech, perhaps it's not so surprising after all.

On the main page, on the right is the "recent article comments" section. When you click a recent post to read it, it takes you to the first page of posts rather than the last page the post is on. I was under the impression it used to take you directly to the post and the directing to the first page of posts is a recent change (within a few months.) It's not a big deal but sort of irritating.

Last edited:
The main link links to the thread but if you click on the little arrow on the bottom right of the recent post, it will take you to the actual post. It's a little confusing but at the same time that's consistent with how other links are supposed to be displayed on the site.

EDIT: I see where it is inconsistent on the main forums page.

On the main page, on the right is the "recent article comments" section. When you click a recent post to read it, it takes you to the first page of posts rather than the last page the post is on. I was under the impression it used to take you directly to the post and the directing to the first page of posts is a recent change (within a few months.) It's not a big deal but sort of irritating.

Last edited:
The main link links to the thread but if you click on the little arrow on the bottom right of the recent post, it will take you to the actual post. It's a little confusing but at the same time that's consistent with how other links are supposed to be displayed on the site.

EDIT: I see where it is inconsistent on the main forums page.

Thanks. I see that little arrow now, I guess I missed it.

Another tiny thing. I have an updated iphone 5s. When you edit a post and are finished making the corrections, the button to "save" does nothing. For a second it looks pressed, but nothing happens. I tried it about five different times.

Last edited:
I just tried it on my iphone 5s in safari and chrome and it worked fine for me. Try again?

Another tiny thing. I have an updated iphone 5s. When you edit a post and are finished making the corrections, the button to "save" does nothing. For a second it looks pressed, but nothing happens. I tried it about five different times.

I just tried it on my iphone 5s in safari and chrome and it worked fine for me. Try again?

I'll restart it and try again. It's been awhile since I've done that actually. I have no software update messages.

last post on this site

no wonder moz hate`s this site , look at the joan rivers nazi remark , why even post this ? im signing out and never , never looking on it again , respect the man for god`s sake

Re: last post on this site

Here's a weird thing that might just mean it's time for me to update my software.

Running Google Chrome on a Mac OSX version 10.6.8

If I have more than three tabs running, I'm not able to "paste" a link. I can copy one, I just can't paste it, I have to open solo in a new window and paste the link there. I've tried Control V and manually pulling down the Chrome EDIT options. No go.

Seems like a chrome bug, I have seen something similar on Windows with a lot of tabs open.

Here's a weird thing that might just mean it's time for me to update my software.

Running Google Chrome on a Mac OSX version 10.6.8

If I have more than three tabs running, I'm not able to "paste" a link. I can copy one, I just can't paste it, I have to open solo in a new window and paste the link there. I've tried Control V and manually pulling down the Chrome EDIT options. No go.

Seems like a chrome bug, I have seen something similar on Windows with a lot of tabs open.

It's deffo a chrome thing, experienced it on another website with lots of tabs open.

Back
Top Bottom