Smiths Solid Center 7" Discussion

I know I have asked this one a few times already but if anyone has for sale any of the following I would be glad to buy

UK Rough trade 7" singles with solid centres-This Charming Man with Glad Hips as publishers,Ask, Girlfriend in a coma,Last night I dream't and if there is one anywhere, a copy of Bigmouth strikes again.If you prefer to trade rather than sell I'm open to that too.I would just like to fill the set if possible.

What do you mean? Don't all the Aussie 7"s have solid centres?

They may or may not. It isn't documented as such as far as I know? A 7" solid center of any Bigmouth seems to be a hard find as far as I can tell. The difference being I know a 7" solid center aussie one exists, at a minimum as a "demonstration record," which would not be made for broadcast like a promo would, thus maybe something internal only.

They may or may not. It isn't documented as such as far as I know? A 7" solid center of any Bigmouth seems to be a hard find as far as I can tell. The difference being I know a 7" solid center aussie one exists, at a minimum as a "demonstration record," which would not be made for broadcast like a promo would, thus maybe something internal only.

This Aussie 7" just sold:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251677847116

and the bible describes it thus:

Australia 7" [CBS RTANZ015]
The record bears the standard green and red labels typical of Australia and New Zealand releases.

I know that the Australian STAB 7" is much harder to find in a stock p/s without the gold promo warning stamp, but that's another issue entirely.

The three Australian RTANZ 7"s that I have (Ask non-pic sleeve, Bigmouth promo and Stop Me yellow sleeve) all have solid centres.

It's the UK solid centres of Ask, Bigmouth, Girlfriend, Last Night I Dream't and the early Glad hips This Charming Man(3 types I believe) that seem as rare as hens teeth.I have seen all but the Bigmouth 7" solid but sadly the others that I have seen were not available to buy, and not for the want of trying either!!

It's the UK solid centres of Ask, Bigmouth, Girlfriend, Last Night I Dream't and the early Glad hips This Charming Man(3 types I believe) that seem as rare as hens teeth.I have seen all but the Bigmouth 7" solid but sadly the others that I have seen were not available to buy, and not for the want of trying either!!

Add Sheila 7" solid to that list of impossible finds.

Not sure if the one you bought is a demonstration one or not, the demo sticker is on side b of the one I have

Attachments

• P1080010.jpg
    P1080010.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 4
  • P1080011.jpg
    P1080011.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P1080013.jpg
    P1080013.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 7
Add Sheila 7" solid to that list of impossible finds.

No, Sheila does turn up quite often...around £40-£50 can buy that one, the TCM solid withdrawn is around the £200 mark and RC MEDIA on ebay seems to have a stash of them, the others....well Ask went for £80 months ago, I was outbid and I've been kicking my own arse ever since.The Last Night solid was offered to me but the seller went dark once we agreed a price, girlfriend has been posted up on here but not for sale and Bigmouth must not exist, WE WOULD HAVE SEEN ONE BY NOW, SURELY TO GOD.

Last edited:
I have 7" solid center Sheila and Girlfriends, but they are both Biem/ncb. Any value?

Biem/ncb usually appear on the UK pressings for export to Sweden/Scandinavia. I've paid £15 - £25 for most of mine.
I haven't got a 'Girlfriend....' Sweden solid centre - I do have an "Irish" one, though......

Any copy of Ask or Sheila WITHOUT the anti slip serrations is VERY rare! The one uglynewhouses mentions for £80 it's the only version of Ask ive seen without them, all the rest are Irish. Same goes for Sheila. I'll put my neck out there and say Bigmouth doesn't exist. The only LNID with proof seems to be from the same seller, supposed owners on discogs fail to respond. Gf seems to be the more realistic get, having seen multiples of them.

Back
Top Bottom