Smiths Solid Center 7" Discussion

These are the kinds of hunts for collectors. Those that are aliased by their exterior similitude and require the effort of painstakingly checking the contents of each and every example found for sale until it drives you completely mad. How about a contest with a winning prize for he/she whom finds the first solid center non-tp Bigmouth? :thumb:

Joey, did the matrix run off of your 7" solid girlfriend match that of PJLM, that being:

RT 197 A-1U-1-1-1 / RT 197 B-1U-1-1-1
RT 197 A-1U-1-1-10 / RT 197 B-1U-1-1-1-2-1

(assuming this was implied when reading "This is like the above, but the record has a solid centre" in the description as it references the 4-prong.)

Joey, did the matrix run off of your 7" solid girlfriend match that of PJLM, that being:

RT 197 A-1U-1-1-1 / RT 197 B-1U-1-1-1
RT 197 A-1U-1-1-10 / RT 197 B-1U-1-1-1-2-1

(assuming this was implied when reading "This is like the above, but the record has a solid centre" in the description as it references the 4-prong.)

I'd be surprised if its not A-1U-1- / RT 200 B-1U-1-

This one comes straight from the Scott Piering archive when solid centers were supposed to be rejected.

Take care, Marcel

Attachments

• P1150011-small.jpg
    P1150011-small.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 46
This one comes straight from the Scott Piering archive when solid centers were supposed to be rejected.

Take care, Marcel

Definitely a lot more appealing knowing they were possible rejects. Maybe there is a Bigmouth out there after all ....

Take care, Marcel

I think they were only rejected for as long as Morrissey was paying attention. Once he had moved his attention on to the next release, Rough Trade appeared to do as they pleased!

I am always looking to pay a bill or two ..... would any of these help me?

P1050908.jpg P1050907.jpg
P1050906.jpg P1050905.jpg

....and I know this isn't a solid centre, but maybe collectable?

P1050904.jpg

I think they were only rejected for as long as Morrissey was paying attention. Once he had moved his attention on to the next release, Rough Trade appeared to do as they pleased!

You are absolutely right about this!

Take care, Marcel

You are absolutely right about this!

Take care, Marcel

I think they (Morrissey & Marr) were happy as long as the first issues to hit the shops had the push-out centres and after that it probably didn't matter. Hard to believe that they could have gone through all the releases (bar Bigmouth) letting it happen all the time if it was that big a deal. Also Suedehead is the only solo release with push-out so didn't appear to be an issue there. If RT could be excused as a "cottage industry" surely a major could have delivered just push-outs. Assuming Scott Piering would have got one of the first pressings and if that was a solid centre then I'm sure it would be "rejected"

I think they (Morrissey & Marr) were happy as long as the first issues to hit the shops had the push-out centres and after that it probably didn't matter. Hard to believe that they could have gone through all the releases (bar Bigmouth) letting it happen all the time if it was that big a deal. Also Suedehead is the only solo release with push-out so didn't appear to be an issue there. If RT could be excused as a "cottage industry" surely a major could have delivered just push-outs. Assuming Scott Piering would have got one of the first pressings and if that was a solid centre then I'm sure it would be "rejected"

Rejection is one thing, but I've even got the solid centre I Started Something 7" with a Rough Trade Deutschland sticker on the reverse of the sleeve. Was that an "export" issue, I wonder?

Have we found a 7" bigmouth solid yet even internationally? There is a known Aussie 7" Bigmouth solid if my research is correct. The only photo if it being one with a demonstration only sticker affixed to the b-side.

Have we found a 7" bigmouth solid yet even internationally? There is a known Aussie 7" Bigmouth solid if my research is correct. The only photo if it being one with a demonstration only sticker affixed to the b-side.
Nope but then again no one had heard of the Last night I dreamt Solid until last year.

What do you mean? Don't all the Aussie 7"s have solid centres?

Back
Top Bottom