The BS need of opening acts

Leather Elbows

Has anyone else wondered why an established iconic artist like our Moz needs support ? This last tour cancelation was blamed on tight living space on buses and viruses. Then why doesn't he tour with as few people as possible? Unless Young also doubles as a comfort girl.

probably for the venue so that they can get people in earlier to sell more food and drink which makes them more money and helps them survive. i just wish he had more relevant opening acts

Even bands like the Stones have opening acts

Not sure how cramped buses could be blamed-he had his own large tour bus for the last tour for him and Damon. Everyone else was cramped but not him.

The stones can afford a dozen busses and their personal doctors probably come on tour with them as well. Morrissey can't afford that

Has anyone else wondered why an established iconic artist like our Moz needs support ? This last tour cancelation was blamed on tight living space on buses and viruses. Then why doesn't he tour with as few people as possible? Unless Young also doubles as a comfort girl.

He travels separately from band crew and support. Normally stays in different hotel too

He should take Smoking Popes out again.

I would think it's because he'd find it hard to play for less than 90 minutes and charge what he does for tickets. Padding the time with a band you don't pay much but at least takes the show to 10:30 instead of 9:30 makes sense, from a business standpoint at least. And I may be the only one, but I really liked Doll and the Kicks.

probably for the venue so that they can get people in earlier to sell more food and drink which makes them more money and helps them survive. i just wish he had more relevant opening acts

Most opening acts aren't relevant anyway. Anyone remember Doll and the Kicks?

Most opening acts aren't relevant anyway. Anyone remember Doll and the Kicks?

they are at the shows i go and see but in the larger pop market i get your point. saw andrew bird open for the decemberists, saw ok go open for the vines, saw the death set open for wavves , saw radiohead open for alanis morissette

The weirdest opener/headliner combo I've ever seen was Counting Crows opening for Suede, I think in 1993. I have never seen so much booing at a concert before! At one point they threw handfuls of cassingles into the audience, which quickly became ammunition...

Very rarely do you see a show with no opening act. Unless of course your opener gets you sick and you immediately boot her off tour.
I think the one time I did, the band played two long sets..

Very rarely do you see a show with no opening act. Unless of course your opener gets you sick and you immediately boot her off tour.
I think the one time I did, the band played two long sets..

That's why the Cure can't have openers anymore (festivals excepted, but that's different). Their standard set is way too long to give up any precious pre-curfew stage time. I don't think they've had an opener since the Wish tour.

oh yeah forgot about them. I've only seen them in festival settings where they still played for almost three hours.
That's why the Cure can't have openers anymore (festivals excepted, but that's different). Their standard set is way too long to give up any precious pre-curfew stage time. I don't think they've had an opener since the Wish tour.

I will give The Cure credit for playing more than a measley 90 minutes.

Oh yeah..The couple of times I saw The Monkees recently (don't hate) there was no opening act. Same with The Beach Boys on their 50 anniversary tour.

Oh yeah..The couple of times I saw The Monkees recently (don't hate) there was no opening act. Same with The Beach Boys on their 50 anniversary tour.

I grabbed some of the Monkees shows off DIME (love them). Didn't they play like 30 songs though? I don't think anyone would complain about not having an opener if he did a 2-2.5 hour set. But going all the way back to The Smiths, he's always played close to 90 minute sets. I don't know why but just always assumed that's all his voice can do and be ready for the next show.

Back
Top Bottom