Moz Covers

I realize there have probably been a million threads concerning Moz covers, but amidst this week's drama I found myself looking for covers I hadn't heard or heard/seen on internet video (not that I've stopped listening to the beautiful new album, mind you.) Any favorites besides the usual? Even some of the "average" attempts are somewhat endearing and entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to post stuff I find here. Good/bad/other.

I always enjoyed this cover. Might because i love the song!

This is probably not what anyone is expecting being its just rough and raw live takes with virtually no production. But I've made some recordings over the years. Not much of a guitar player, just picked it up to have something to sing to:

11-JohnDietzel_Angel Down We Go Together.mp3

12-JohnDietzel_I Have Forgiven Jesus.mp3

Henry Mancini but covered because of Morrissey's cover
13-JohnDietzel_Moon River.mp3

JohnDietzel_HowSoonIsNow.mp3

JohnDietzel_IKnowItsGonnaHappenSomeday.mp3

I think you have real talent there John. You have a nice tone to your voice and your guitar arrangements are creative. In places you perhaps need to discipline yourself a little - there were areas you sped up where I felt it would have been more effective to keep a slower pace - but overall I really enjoyed them.

I think you have real talent there John. You have a nice tone to your voice and your guitar arrangements are creative. In places you perhaps need to discipline yourself a little - there were areas you sped up where I felt it would have been more effective to keep a slower pace - but overall I really enjoyed them.

Thanks. Yeah, I know what you mean. I think the How Soon is Now one takes its time and is a bit more deliberate where the other live takes were more frantic - that's just where I was at at that time. Then I stopped drinking so much. :p

Nowadays, I spend a lot of time in software sequencing, arrangement and production where its all deliberate. Yet something enjoyable about the older raw takes in terms of energy.

I want to get a midi guitar so I can transfer the live-play energy to sequenced data and edit it all in nicely. Thanks for the listen and appreciate the feedback.

I realize there have probably been a million threads concerning Moz covers, but amidst this week's drama I found myself looking for covers I hadn't heard or heard/seen on internet video (not that I've stopped listening to the beautiful new album, mind you.) Any favorites besides the usual? Even some of the "average" attempts are somewhat endearing and entertaining.

Really like this one! Thanks for sharing.

What a little sweetie. Beautiful cover!

Another one Of Dini's gorgeous covers.

Back
Top Bottom