Technology Thread

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
Post whatever about computers and stuff.

I have a question. Is it possible that a store that I purchased things from (Target) has recorded my purchase and is sending cookies to my computer for these items so I'll buy them again? And if so, how could they possibly know my IP address? Facebook?

I'm kinda freaked out by it a little bit. It could be just a coincidence.

I have a question. Is it possible that a store that I purchased things from (Target) has recorded my purchase and is sending cookies to my computer for these items so I'll buy them again? And if so, how could they possibly know my IP address? Facebook?

Google RFID chips...

Google RFID chips...

That's scary. :eek: So you're thinking there's an RFID chip in bag of granola I bought and it's sending messages to some satellite to beam down to the cookie people to run banner ads on the granola? That doesn't even seem legal.

Full disclosure, I'm super familiar with God and coincidences and cosmic invasion, but when companies do it with the intention of locking down loyalty and the promise of your dollar, something seems ethically wrong with that.

Best to start bringing a few sandwich bags and aluminium foil with you from now on when you buy groceries... off-brand, of course. Leave those boxes and wrappers in the parking lot trash bins.

Your granola will be UNTRACEABLE, assuming you paid with cash.

Or, it could be that you used your pc to search for items before you went shopping, and your browser/search engine is targeting advertising to stuff you searched for.

That's scary. :eek: So you're thinking there's an RFID chip in bag of granola I bought and it's sending messages to some satellite to beam down to the cookie people to run banner ads on the granola? That doesn't even seem legal.

Full disclosure, I'm super familiar with God and coincidences and cosmic invasion, but when companies do it with the intention of locking down loyalty and the promise of your dollar, something seems ethically wrong with that.

Comedy gold.

RFID chips are in nearly every item you purchase (including clothing and food boxes), your cash, your credit cards & your electronics. They are not only used for security purposes, but tracking as well...they are also used to log the items you purchase as a means of advertising.

Back
Top Bottom