Why is Morrissey depressed when he has more than most people?

A

Anonymous

Morrissey has more talent, adoration, money than any of us will ever have. How "un-depressed" would you be if you had a house in Switzerland on a lake and could travel as you like? Regular people have to deal with the same problems but in much less stellar circumstances.

Morrissey has more talent, adoration, money than any of us will ever have. How "un-depressed" would you be if you had a house in Switzerland on a lake and could travel as you like? Regular people have to deal with the same problems but in much less stellar circumstances.

Where do you think depression comes from..

Because he's frustrated that a kitten keeps pawing at his ankle and meowing to be picked up but when he bends down to pick it up with a bad back and tired, it was only a metaphor. Then when he stands back up again, "meow. meow. meow." For 30 solid years.

Oh, for f*** sake!

depression has many causes and some are biological. when depression is biological its exacerbates the tensions in your life re enforcing them and can dissuade you from doing things to help yourself. there are many kinds of depression, biological and existential, and most overlap in symptoms and causes. i cant really explain it in the detail thats needed for a real understanding here as it would take forever and would require responses/dialogue in order for you to really understand so if you do want to understand why material doesnt always make people happy youd have to do some research and theres a lot of accurate open sources online for you to draw from including the new standard d.s.m. check it out as understanding and knowledge is always a good thing.

that said ive no idea if he really is clinically depressed or depressed at all. just speculation based on absence and gossip but i worry.

My god how ignorant. It doesn't matter what you look like, how much money you have, etc. depression is an illness. When you are suffering from the disease it feels like you are stuck in a thick, black fog and nothing will ever be ok again. You don't care what you have, it doesn't matter.

Most people who are intelligent (as he so obviously is) SHOULD be depressed! Having money, property, possessions etc only makes Dimbo's happy! Not that most of you will ever get to know or realise that.

depression has many causes and some are biological. when depression is biological its exacerbates the tensions in your life re enforcing them and can dissuade you from doing things to help yourself. there are many kinds of depression, biological and existential, and most overlap in symptoms and causes. i cant really explain it in the detail thats needed for a real understanding here as it would take forever and would require responses/dialogue in order for you to really understand so if you do want to understand why material doesnt always make people happy youd have to do some research and theres a lot of accurate open sources online for you to draw from including the new standard d.s.m. check it out as understanding and knowledge is always a good thing.

that said ive no idea if he really is clinically depressed or depressed at all. just speculation based on absence and gossip but i worry.

A thoughtful answer on this forum. It's miraculous.

Thanks. I could understand if it's biological. It seems the right medication would easily correct it then, and it's just a matter of finding it.

I was thinking in terms of people who are in abusive living environments because they don't have money to leave or anywhere to go, or people stuck in jobs they hate. Those situations create depression that would be solved with money.

no problem at all. the issue with anit depressants is that it can fool you into thinking yourself cured and people have a tendency to stop using them to see if they can now go off because no one wants to be reminded/feel like they need to take a pill to be "normal" and they then go off and its a slow slide back down plus the withdraw if you go cold turkey so to speak can have its own problems and make the depression even worse than it was before reinforcing the sad feeling of not being normal. cliche but its very common. they also can have side effects that you just dont want to deal with cause they remind you all the time. first world problems indeed and they suck but imagine not being able to take medication even if you wanted to or have a very serious problem with no environmental support at all or worse the environment cause even more problems like a lot of people living around the world and its a sad situation.

im gonna go into my doctors office today and tell him im depressed to see if hell prescribe me some money. worth a try

If any of his depression doesn't have biological cause, I really think it would help him to help others instead of focusing on himself, especially at his age. He could do so much with some of his money instead of hoarding it. He claims to care about animals. One simple idea is he could start a no-kill shelter considering millions of domesticated animals are killed every year just because they're homeless. It really doesn't matter what he does as long as it's something. I wish he would do something for others with his privileged position. At this point it just looks like narcissism.

so unless people meet a standard of giving determined by someone non appointed they are narcissistic (love themselves). wealth is a relative statement so what percentage of peoples income should people give and at what point do they decide how much is wealthy? what amount of there time? how do you know what he does or does not do cause if he did something very public people could see it as trying to just exploit charity for there image in order to make money. when suede tested the waters for there comeback at the teenage cancer trust gig they were accused of doing a reunion show that wouldnt be criticized in order to promote themselves and there reunion. i dont believe this but many made the accusation.

so unless people meet a standard of giving determined by someone non appointed they are narcissistic (love themselves). wealth is a relative statement so what percentage of peoples income should people give and at what point do they decide how much is wealthy? what amount of there time? how do you know what he does or does not do cause if he did something very public people could see it as trying to just exploit charity for there image in order to make money. when suede tested the waters for there comeback at the teenage cancer trust gig they were accused of doing a reunion show that wouldnt be criticized in order to promote themselves and there reunion. i dont believe this but many made the accusation.

No you fallaciously twisted the comment like usual on this forum. His self-involvement at his age is looking like narcissism. I'm not talking about a biological cause for depression, which would be out of his control. Anyway, go ahead and make more fallacious replies. You know Morrissey doesn't even like his fans. In an interview where he was asked about them he said, "I don't want to say anything that would hurt their feelings."

Back
Top Bottom