Poll: Victim or Life's Adventurer?

Victim or Life's Adventurer. Which of the two are you?

• Victim

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Life's Adventurer

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Straight up, unequivocally, life's m$&@er f@&$)ing adventurer.

Eurgh self proclamation is so ugly, "I'm this, I'm that", leave it upto other people to decide. To call yourself a victim so pathetic and to call yourself an adventurer is equally as c***y.

i dont like to let others define me and dont mind saying what i think i am but on the other hand i dont mind when others tell me what they think i am as long as its not just harassment. my statements not an absolute and neither is theres but if i dont say and i dont listen i wont be stimulated think or grow as much.

As Dr. Phil so intelligently put it, "there are no victims only volunteers". If people comment on themselves and their own lives they are always likely to paint a better picture of themselves. Every person on this planet have good and bad times and will sometimes be the victim of something but it is the way they handle that which determines what they are. People will never grow if hey do not go through difficulty and the best life lessons come during the hard times and experiences. Sadly some identify with the role as the victim as that can be used as an excuse of never moving forward or having a great life or doing things in general. We are never one thing and to claim that is somehow against the laws of nature.

As Dr. Phil so intelligently put it, "there are no victims only volunteers". If people comment on themselves and their own lives they are always likely to paint a better picture of themselves. Every person on this planet have good and bad times and will sometimes be the victim of something but it is the way they handle that which determines what they are. People will never grow if hey do not go through difficulty and the best life lessons come during the hard times and experiences. Sadly some identify with the role as the victim as that can be used as an excuse of never moving forward or having a great life or doing things in general. We are never one thing and to claim that is somehow against the laws of nature.

Oh yes this seems true. I think the proclamation though indicates intent and should not be dismissed as folly.

I think it's probably true that most people on a Morrissey forum in 2014 are victims rather than adventurers, as much as they might have wished it otherwise. I don't exclude myself from this, though I won't commemorate this fact with a vote.

I think it's probably true that most people on a Morrissey forum in 2014 are victims rather than adventurers, as much as they might have wished it otherwise. I don't exclude myself from this, though I won't commemorate this fact with a vote.

victims of what?

I think what Morrissey is saying here is that shit happens inevitably to everyone and you can either view yourself as a victim and react by crumbling and saying "woe is me" or you can just shrug and get ready to dodge the next obstacle speeding your way accepting that it's all just part of the game.

He's essentially saying you are what you make yourself out to be. You ultimately have an independent choice. You don't have to be a victim even if you were victimized.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom