A silk purse

Mountjoy

Are there 14 songs on ROTT, YOR, SWORDS and WPINOYB to create one truly great album? My reading of this site is that near everyone accepts that all 3 studio albums are...flawed? What if Mozzer had been able to cull the finest moments and give us that one great album we crave? Or, more worryingly, are there not 14 songs good enough?

Yep, you can select songs from these albums and make your compilation.

I accept albums as they are, not interested in making a compilation.

I can do seven...

Teenage Dad on His Estate
Something Is Squeezing My Skull
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
That's How People Grow Up
Dear God Please Help Me
You Have Killed Me
Life Is a Pigsty

I can do seven...

Teenage Dad on His Estate
Something Is Squeezing My Skull
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
That's How People Grow Up
Dear God Please Help Me
You Have Killed Me
Life Is a Pigsty

You're not trying hard enough. I'm sure with some more effort you could whittle that list down to 3 songs, or maybe 2?

You're not trying hard enough. I'm sure with some more effort you could whittle that list down to 3 songs, or maybe 2?

That's How People Grow Up must have been a joke so the list already consists of only six songs.

That's How People Grow Up must have been a joke so the list already consists of only six songs.

No. Corn loves that song. Each to their own. I don't hate it. I just don't feel anything for it. The cow bell is horrendous.

I like Swords and ROTT a lot, and I think YOR has a some standout tracks, the rest being listenable, just not particularly engaging for me.

I think I am in a minority of people who likes his most hated songs from these albums best, though (Children in Pieces, The Father Who Must be Killed, At Last I am Born), so I don't know if my selections would make many lists. Either way, I think limiting myself to 14 songs would be difficult.

I would take ten years of research to answer this question.

You haven't managed seven yet, sunshine.

I rather like this thread. Whatever the original intention, it tells quite a tale.

No. Corn loves that song. Each to their own. I don't hate it. I just don't feel anything for it. The cow bell is horrendous.

I wouldn't say I love it. It has a melody, which is a rare occurrence in Morrissey songs since Whyte was purged for crimes against the Great Leader.

I wouldn't say I love it. It has a melody, which is a rare occurrence in Morrissey songs since Whyte was purged for crimes against the Great Leader.

Well I guess if that's the type of melody you're after then it's no wonder WPINOYB didn't grab you.

Re: A silk purse...

1. "Something Is Squeezing My Skull"
2. "Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed"
3. "Black Cloud"
4. "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"
5. "All You Need Is Me"
6. "When Last I Spoke to Carol"
7. "That's How People Grow Up"
8. "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell"
9. "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore"
10. "You Were Good in Your Time"
11. "Sorry Doesn't Help"
12. "I'm OK by Myself"

There you go, took me ages to work it out. If you want a baker's dozen though, chuck "Because Of My Poor Education" in after track 3.

1. "Something Is Squeezing My Skull"
2. "Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed"
3. "Black Cloud"
4. "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"
5. "All You Need Is Me"
6. "When Last I Spoke to Carol"
7. "That's How People Grow Up"
8. "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell"
9. "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore"
10. "You Were Good in Your Time"
11. "Sorry Doesn't Help"
12. "I'm OK by Myself"

There you go, took me ages to work it out. If you want a baker's dozen though, chuck "Because Of My Poor Education" in after track 3.

I agree that's the ones to drop from his last few albums, apart from "Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed" which is actually rather good. You're right about the rest, though. Mediocre tripe, mostly. Nice melody on "Paris".

I agree that's the ones to drop from his last few albums, apart from "Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed" which is actually rather good. You're right about the rest, though. Mediocre tripe, mostly. Nice melody on "Paris".

Nice try, but using actual humour next time might be an idea.

Back
Top Bottom