What is the pen on the WPINOYB cover?

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
14560820450_7d0fd5fa14_o.png

It's not a Mont Blanc. It's not a Pelican. It's not a Lamy. It's not a Pilot. It's not a Shaeffer. Any ideas?

I'm leaning towards it being either a weird Japanese limited production pen, or a vintage Sailor. The short clip on the cap is pretty distinguishable, but I can't find it.

Bonus points for identifying the make of the bike.

Ooooooohh another mystery surrounding this masterpiece of an album, what does the pen signify, what does the type of pen it is, signify?? Yet more intrigue to this fascinating album, it really is wonderful. And what about the bike, I wonder what that could mean, and what type of dog is it? Maybe a silly question but I'm not a dog lover, more into cats myself but I like this dog, it's got hair and everything, aww morrissey knows how to pick his dogs, what a masterstoke 10/10 *****

I had a brief search online but couldn't come up with anything close really. I'd like to know myself.
It seems like a make that would be easy to pinpoint, given the relatively short clip and its design, the fact the lid doesn't get narrower towards the tip (as most do) and the double gold band (at the tip of the lid and the bottom) - all of these things seem quite rare in a design. Do any of them suggest a particular make?

I had a brief search online but couldn't come up with anything close really. I'd like to know myself.
It seems like a make that would be easy to pinpoint, given the relatively short clip and its design, the fact the lid doesn't get narrower towards the tip (as most do) and the double gold band (at the tip of the lid and the bottom) - all of these things seem quite rare in a design. Do any of them suggest a particular make?

You're sad, even your wife thinks so

It's not a Waterman. It could be a Bexley but the band around the top is thicker than one.

It might be a Mont Blanc. That short clip is throwing that theory off though, their clip design is pretty universal since way back.

1352868196Montblanc246BrownTigersEye2.jpg

Wahl pens are the only ones I've found so far that have short clips but none have the double band or look like the pen in question.
I wondered if the pen might be significant in itself and I found an Italian pen called 'Masterpiece' but alas it's nothing like the one in Morrissey's hand - would have been nice if it were.
The search continues...

14560820450_7d0fd5fa14_o.png

It's not a Mont Blanc. It's not a Pelican. It's not a Lamy. It's not a Pilot. It's not a Shaeffer. Any ideas?

I'm leaning towards it being either a weird Japanese limited production pen, or a vintage Sailor. The short clip on the cap is pretty distinguishable, but I can't find it.

Bonus points for identifying the make of the bike.

To me, CG, it does look to be a Vintage Montblanc Safety BHR Fountain Pen. 1920/1930? The clip looks to be somewhat like the coiled snake on most of the pens with a smaller "star" on top.

2zyfu6a.jpg

Almost like this, but not quite.

And, I say the moped is a Batavus? Or maybe Sachs?

Last edited:
I want to know what make and model the pen is and I want one.
I want one NOW!!!

To me, CG, it does look to be a Vintage Montblanc Safety BHR Fountain Pen. 1920/1930? The clip looks to be somewhat like the coiled snake on most of the pens with a smaller "star" on top.

2zyfu6a.jpg

Almost like this, but not quite.

The Mont Blanc 'Agatha Christie' pen is identical to your vintage Mont Blanc but also has a second band at the bottom of the lid.
However, it still doesn't look like 'the one':

2roonee.jpg

Ooooooohh another mystery surrounding this masterpiece of an album, what does the pen signify, what does the type of pen it is, signify?? Yet more intrigue to this fascinating album, it really is wonderful. And what about the bike, I wonder what that could mean, and what type of dog is it? Maybe a silly question but I'm not a dog lover, more into cats myself but I like this dog, it's got hair and everything, aww morrissey knows how to pick his dogs, what a masterstoke 10/10 *****
The bike is a wonderful machine.
You don't have to like the album to appreciate the bike.
Anyone know anything about it?

Back
Top Bottom