HIG Negative /Dutch Headmaster 7 / Red William 7 / Setlists

As promised, more pictures of the William sleeve and the record.

I have decided that these will now be sold as separates.

View attachment 32349
View attachment 32350
View attachment 32351
View attachment 32352

A

Hello,
a few years back I remember seeing this red William 7' and a bunch of other rare alternate colour sleeves , including That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore(with chicken?), Girlfriend In a coma(mispressed colour sleeve with extra track 7) etc. They were being sold on Ebay for huge amounts and there was no takers.

I would pay 550-600 pounds for the William sleeve but it must come with the vinyl.

I'm glad you agree about the vinyl being with it. I was thinking of being willing to pay around the same amount if it comes with the vinyl. Not sure how I came up with that amount but it just sounded about right. I guess we'll need to know for sure if it's going to be sold with or without the vinyl. And then we make offers?

Hello,
a few years back I remember seeing this red William 7' and a bunch of other rare alternate colour sleeves , including That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore(with chicken?), Girlfriend In a coma(mispressed colour sleeve with extra track 7) etc. They were being sold on Ebay for huge amounts and there was no takers.

I would pay 550-600 pounds for the William sleeve but it must come with the vinyl.

Does the HIG negative require it's 7" counterpart to be bundled as well? :lbf: Okay, but admittedly, that TP is fairly rare on its own. But to each their own.

Hello,

550-600 for sleeve & TP, I think you're dreaming there but who knows. I've never owned a Test so this is new territory for me but i'd go way over to land this.

£550-£600 and must come with the vinyl...yes please! Seriously, the vinyl itself is a rare thing, I mean really rare too.I think one sold for about a £1000 years ago and I don't think its a must the sleeve has to have a test press in too.I have offered on these but I reckon we are talking £1250.I'm not sure if all William tests had a red sleeve, there are some experts that frequent solo that could answer that, if they did then fair enough, they must come together.As for the neg HIG, well it's a £2000 one on ebay as I think everyone would expect.In a private sale you would want a discount I guess, as the seller will not be forking out £300 in ebay/paypal fees if it made £2000.

Yes, it does make sense that the vinyl and the sleeve are sold as a unit.....

Cheers Moz

A few reasons why you wouldn't want to pair it:

1.) still no irrefutable evidence stating they were presented to their owners as a set nor intended to be
2.) seller achieves top dollar for his item (a good thing, since seller is obviously sacrificing some nostalgia here)
3.) as a bundled item, you're aliasing the appraisal of the sleeve and vinyl as separate units, which otherwise don't currently have much appraisal information in the collector market

A few reasons why you wouldn't want to pair it:

1.) still no irrefutable evidence stating they were presented to their owners as a set nor intended to be
2.) seller achieves top dollar for his item (a good thing, since seller is obviously sacrificing some nostalgia here)
3.) as a bundled item, you're aliasing the appraisal of the sleeve and vinyl as separate units, which otherwise don't currently have much appraisal information in the collector market

Very articulate and with bullet points, you must therefore be correct :clap:

Well there you have it, a 7" William white label test pressing is worth (now less than) 425 GBP.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291195067901?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

A quick look on popsike tells you that the William test is a very rare record, I could only find one that sold in 1996 for £990. I was therefore very very surprised to see my bid win this for £425.I'm guessing that people may be saving the money for the solo posting test with red sleeve but I'm not complaining.As for the Bigmouth test, amazed again with this, this is a very very scarce thing and my £435 winning bid is frankly daylight robbery.How often does a bigmouth test come along? Again I think the solo posting with the hig neg has got peoples attention -letting these slip by cheaply in my opinion but there only worth the final bid I suppose but still, very pleased indeed.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A quick look on popsike tells you that the William test is a very rare record, I could only find one that sold in 1996 for £990. I was therefore very very surprised to see my bid win this for £425.I'm guessing that people may be saving the money for the solo posting test with red sleeve but I'm not complaining.As for the Bigmouth test, amazed again with this, this is a very very scarce thing and my £435 winning bid is frankly daylight robbery.How often does a bigmouth test come along? Again I think the solo posting with the hig neg has got peoples attention -letting these slip by cheaply in my opinion but there only worth the final bid I suppose but still, very pleased indeed.

You got 2 for the price of 1 there, no doubt about it. Was expecting William to hit £800 late on but never happened. The red & neg sleeves may well account for that.

Maybe I'm just way out of touch, but I swear I saw a william 7" WLTP go for 250-350 USD about a year and a half ago on eBay. And when user 'recordsales' was auctioning off that flurry of 7" post-RT 181 test pressings and poster sets, almost all of them routinely went for $750 USD, which is in perfect alignment with the Bigmouth. Again, by no means saying anyone's opinion is wrong, I just wasn't too surprised myself and had actually assumed they'd both jet for 700-800 USD.

Maybe I'm just way out of touch, but I swear I saw a william 7" WLTP go for 250-350 USD about a year and a half ago on eBay. And when user 'recordsales' was auctioning off that flurry of 7" post-RT 181 test pressings and poster sets, almost all of them routinely went for $750 USD, which is in perfect alignment with the Bigmouth. Again, by no means saying anyone's opinion is wrong, I just wasn't too surprised myself and had actually assumed they'd both jet for 700-800 USD.

I was using popsike as a gauge, only William on their database did go for 900+. Can't mind seeing any for myself in the last year but that's as far back as my collecting days go, so maybe youre right.

£425 for white William test - bargain

I was using popsike as a gauge, only William on their database did go for 900+. Can't mind seeing any for myself in the last year but that's as far back as my collecting days go, so maybe youre right.

99% sure no William test has hit ebay for years,as one that checks on a daily basis I cannot remember seeing one,maybe if it was listed in the US without offering UK post I would not have seen it.Anyway, recordsales not only sold the ebay tests but sold his others to me privately.A BIGMOUTH test was included and I believe it was the first time this had surfaced.A very serious offer from the king of Smiths collecting bought it from me.I then bought the one that was posted on here by an Aussie guy and again it was snapped up by a very serious US collector for serious money.This is now the 3rd bigmouth test to come my way and in 25 years are the only 3 I've seen, it would be great to know how many of you have it, I'm convinced that there are less than 10 out there and that these are the true Smiths gems that collectors should focus on.Prices are subjective whatever we say,I think these tp's went for peanuts so lucky me, you think they were just right and others will think we are completely nuts. It's all part of the fun I guess.

It's 100x more fun when you find items for peanuts, for sure.

I don't have a standard white label 7" bigmouth TP, but I have a mayking bigmouth 7" TP. I thought, hey, I've never seen that. Why not?

It's 100x more fun when you find items for peanuts, for sure.

I don't have a standard white label 7" bigmouth TP, but I have a mayking bigmouth 7" TP. I thought, hey, I've never seen that. Why not?

That must have set u back a bit. As for WL William & bigmouth, ive seen more reel around tp's, i guess the while labels tests dont have the glamour factor (in some peoples eyes) They are uber rare and that went for peanuts.

Back
Top Bottom