English Solowers in England, which accent are you?

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving aside that Scottish and Welsh and Ireland aren't English, her Yorkshire was terrible. Even within Yorkshire it's possible to tell where someone is from. Her Yorkshire does that thing that most people attempting it do - pronounce the unspoken 't' on 'the'. No one does that here, it's unspoken yet understood. Couldn't place her within Yorkshire - Bradford is different to Sheffield which is different to Hull which is different to Hawes.

P.

Essex and proud! Which in this case is closest to the "London" accent she shows...so the lock stock example I suppose!

Last edited:
I'm the first one pretty much. I was once told I sound like (a not Welsh version of) Richard Burton, which cheered me up no end.

I couldn't get past the fourth or fifth. She's far too happy for a warm evening. Someone chuck a bucket of water over her before she blows a gasket.

Leaving aside that Scottish and Welsh and Ireland aren't English, her Yorkshire was terrible. Even within Yorkshire it's possible to tell where someone is from. Her Yorkshire does that thing that most people attempting it do - pronounce the unspoken 't' on 'the'. No one does that here, it's unspoken yet understood. Couldn't place her within Yorkshire - Bradford is different to Sheffield which is different to Hull which is different to Hawes.

P.

So you're saying this isn't a good example to learn from? This subject does intrigue me. English accents send me into a lovely trance.

I'm the first one pretty much. I was once told I sound like (a not Welsh version of) Richard Burton, which cheered me up no end.

I couldn't get past the fourth or fifth. She's far too happy for a warm evening. Someone chuck a bucket of water over her before she blows a gasket.

Lol. THat's a very English response I think.

So you're saying this isn't a good example to learn from? This subject does intrigue me. English accents send me into a lovely trance.

He is saying that the thread title is incorrect. Her video demonstrates BRITISH accents which include the accents of Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales. You keep calling them English accents. England is a country in Great Britain i.e. British. British accents are more than just English accents. Make sense?

He is saying that the thread title is incorrect. Her video demonstrates BRITISH accents which include the accents of Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales. You keep calling them English accents. England is a country in Great Britain. British accents are more than just English accents. Make sense?

Shut it you tart.

Just trying to correct your bad form, my dear.

How about you let Uncleskinny answer for himself? He said her Yorkshire accent wasn't right.

I'm saying (a) Some, but not all of her accents are great, and (b) they ain't all English. On a related point, many years ago I used to travel to the States a lot, mostly to the Carolinas, and nearly all the people I met there thought I was Australian.

P.

How about you read up on what the differences are between English and British accents. You are clearly not an anglophile.

How about you f*** off?

I'm saying (a) Some, but not all of her accents are great, and (b) they ain't all English. On a related point, many years ago I used to travel to the States a lot, mostly to the Carolinas, and nearly all the people I met there thought I was Australian.

P.

For years my dad thought Doc Martin was filmed in Australia. :straightface:

I thought she was quoting the lady in the video? Anyways. We're friends here.

P.

Yes I was. Thank you for your response. It did seem like she was pulling her knowledge from pop culture shows and not actually living or traveling to any of those places.

Back
Top Bottom