Will Johnny outsell Morrissey with "Playland?"

Re: Will Johnny outsell Morrissey with "Playground?"

I saw Johnny live in support of the Messenger and bought/enjoyed the album, but as I said in another thread recently, I never think to put it on. I don't really have any particular interest in another new album from him, which is a shame. I wish I felt differently! I will definitely go to see him live again because he puts on an energetic, fun show, but I have a sense I'm not alone in feeling this way. I wish him the best, though…

Come on. Nobody goes to see Johnny Marr for his voice, do they?

I have a friend who is profoundly deaf. He did.

I'd go to see him for his hair.

I saw Johnny live in support of the Messenger and bought/enjoyed the album, but as I said in another thread recently, I never think to put it on. I don't really have any particular interest in another new album from him, which is a shame. I wish I felt differently! I will definitely go to see him live again because he puts on an energetic, fun show, but I have a sense I'm not alone in feeling this way. I wish him the best, though…

There were three great songs - New Velocity, Messengers and Europe.
The biggest surprise was that a) his singing and lyrics were kind of ok and b) most of the music was pretty rubbish. Really dreary guitar playing, pedestrian melodies, uninspired arrangements.
He still has the award for best Morrissey or Marr song of the 21st century though (in New Velocity). If Playground is full of songs which are as good as that one, we're in for a treat, but I'm guessing that's pretty unlikely.

I love half of The Mesenger but there are some songs on it that just do nothing for me at all. I saw him live in March here in a nice intimate venue and he was amazing live. His version of getting away with it was great and his How Soon Is Now turned the venue into some old skool Smiths dance party. it was awesome!

Just the same as nobody goes to see morrissey for his band

Dear son,

Sir Tobias is fantastic guitar player.
Marr #2 in UK or #14 in USA or #8 in Germany? Ha, Ha, Ha, ha...!
Viva Morrissey and The Lads!

we'll let you know

Back
Top Bottom