Surreptious (possible) knob references/gags by Morrissey

Oboe Concerto (OK, ANY song by Morrissey can be shown to contain a knob reference).

There is that famous sketch that Peter Cook did of the biased judge in the Jeremy Thorpe trial, where he refers to being gay as 'playing the pink oboe'.

The motion of taxis excite me
Will you peel it back & bite me...

was wondering when that one was going to show... Morrissey fans? Really.

I could've run loudly and proudly
Or forcible entry
Morally bankrupt
And never non-violent
And drawn to what scares me
And scared of what bores me
Years alone will never be returned.

Hand in glove = Penis in condom, penis in orifice.

the sun shines out of our behinds = The phrase "Stick it where the sun don't shine." means to cram something up your a-hole, a very homophobic put-down. By the sun shining OUT of those behinds, Moz is saying, not only does the sun shine on those a-holes and that is OK, the sun actually shines OUT of them. Implying you should be proud of your free a-hole/having anal sex/being gay.

i thought hand in glove was a british expression to refer to kinky violent sex. didnt even the beetles use the line hand in the velvet glove.

Well done, y'all. Now I find the innocent "Give me the gun" line very suspicious. Very suspicious indeed.
(frowns)
But who would say it? And to whom? :) Now that's an interesting kwestchon...

Ah-hang on, lunchtime.

There's an obvious reference to awkward penile erection in 'Suedehead':

"Why do you come here, when you know it makes things HARD for me"

At least it turned out to be 'a good lay'.
All's well...

Well done, y'all. Now I find the innocent "Give me the gun" line very suspicious. Very suspicious indeed.
(frowns)
But who would say it? And to whom? :) Now that's an interesting kwestchon...

Ah-hang on, lunchtime.

The "give me the gun" line is a perfect example of a Morrissey line that can be read several ways.
It's no stretch to see a sexual subtext to "Give me the gun/I love you/A job half-done isn't done". :p

It sounds like he's finishing having a piss at the beginning of 'A Swallow On My Neck'.

Funny, as I was listening to this song the other day and wondered, given the subject matter, if it was possibly an audio reference to a frolic in a public toilet before homosexuality was decriminalized. Joe Orton wrote about a number of such encounters in his diary.

And the opposite in Pretty Girls Make Graves:

"And Sorrow's native son
he will not rise for anyone"

I know he didn't write it but he chose to cover Skin Storm and that's full of sexual filth.
Slipping and sliding, lubricated skin and such.

This one is only in my head but the photo used on the cover to Autobiography is surely a reference to Warhol's 'Blow Job'.

"I keep mine hidden, but it's so easy for you, because you let yours flail into public view..."

Back
Top Bottom