Surreptious (possible) knob references/gags by Morrissey

A

Anonymous

and not so surreptitious...

Like the covers to Your Arsenal, Quarry, Ringleader. Morrissey displaying his crown jewels on Maladjusted.

What about on the new album?

'He took the plug' - One of Our Own

'Smiler with Knife'

'Stab me in your own time in Scandinavia' - Scandinavia

There must be untold examples!!!

penis-mightier.jpg

"I entered nothing and nothing entered me
'Til you came with the key
And you did your best but(...)
Yes I walk around somehow
But you have killed me"

Even that very first, very beautiful cover for 'Hand in Glove' could be read as such, given the title of the song on which it was placed, of course...

Handin.gif

Clearly you guys have done your phallic research. :straightface:

Back up the ladder
Into each corner
Dunking the chamois
Just think of the goodwill
The ladder's a planet
Roy is a star, and
I am a satellite
(But that's alright)

- Roy's Keen

Use of the word 'will' as code for penis goes back to Shakepeare; he uses "good will" as such in several plays.
Plus the ladder and the 'dunking' of the chamois etc lol.

Back up the ladder
Into each corner
Dunking the chamois
Just think of the goodwill
The ladder's a planet
Roy is a star, and
I am a satellite
(But that's alright)

- Roy's Keen

Use of the word 'will' as code for penis goes back to Shakepeare; he uses "good will" as such in several plays.
Plus the ladder and the 'dunking' of the chamois etc lol.

Masonic-Ladder.jpg

Done king the shhhh....

Oh that's very interesting and completely new to me.
I just found your thread about it:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/106954-Roy-s-Keen-Symbolism-Thread

I still say at least 'dunking the chamois' and the use of 'good will' is at least in part about the general johnson. :p

He's the star in the center. Jachin and Boaz are the pillars on either side. That's why Jesse and Boz are the guitarists that flank him on stage, Soloman of temple fame bringing up the rear. His entire stage is literally a Masonic apron. Moz is Mozart. :cool:

masonserpentjb.jpg

Wolf down, wolf down...

mozart.jpg

"And when I swing it so it catches his eye" from 'Certain People I Know'. I've always wondered whether that was a deliberate cock gag or just me liking to make everything into an innuendo, though. :p

You's are conjuring up innuendos where there arnt any, you's must all be single and gagging for a shag

A thread for the sexually frustrated, or so it would appear

Not at all. Morrissey admits himself what should be patently obvious to anyone with any experience of his imagery and lyrics.
"I think I always alluded to hanky panky"
If it's of interest to Morrissey, why wouldn't it be of interest to Morrissey fans?
I've never understood the way some fans get quite defensive or precious when the subject of sex comes up.
I still remember there being quite a shockingly negative response on here and elsewhere by some fans to the lyrics of 'Dear God Please Help Me' at the time of release.

Back
Top Bottom