No Dad, No Dad, No Dad - Papa Peter

T

Tingle

So, reading messages about last night's gig at the Royal Albert, it appears that Morrissey's parents were there......well at least he said so himself. Some people have posted that they saw his parents arrive in a limmo and where they sat etc. I'm wondering if this can possibly be accurate? I was under the impression that Morrissey had had nothing to do with his father. And since his parents are divorced they wouldn't arrive together would they?

Anyhow, I don't want to be intrusive on private lives and private people. I'm simply interested that there seems to be some sort of sign that Mozzer is on better terms with his Dad. If so, that's good and I hope he's not now bitter or angry, cos there are plenty of other people and things to be angry and bitter about - I think Morrissey knows this.

Being famous, having to defend your privacy and not be able to win must be awful.

I have been drawn to this topic and couldn't resist the urge to post a response.

Isn't it just the case that the relationship Morrissey has with his Mother is better than the relationship with his Dad and no more than that?

Just because they are divorced doesn't mean they couldn't travel there together. More importantly, why is this news? I don't feel we should be discussing this subject any further.

Re: Morrisseys Mum and Dad

> So, reading messages about last night's gig at the Royal Albert, it
> appears that Morrissey's parents were there......well at least he said so
> himself. Some people have posted that they saw his parents arrive in a
> limmo and where they sat etc. I'm wondering if this can possibly be
> accurate? I was under the impression that Morrissey had had nothing to do
> with his father. And since his parents are divorced they wouldn't arrive
> together would they?

Hi Tingle.. All I can say is yes.. he did say that his mother and father were there.. and then got sort of distracted by simeone down the front persistently saying something out of turn to which Morrissey got quite short with him with a snapped 'What!'.. and then asked for an opnion from 'God' and turned to Alain Whyte who said something like 'we'll deal with him later'.. or something.. so.. he may have well been inclined to say more about his parents but some idiot wouldn't shut up and the moment was gone..

Ruffian

mmmm. I really am not prying. I was kind of just making and observation about the subject Morrissey himself brought attention to.
So, let's just say "best wishes" to all of them and leave it at that.

> Being famous, having to defend your privacy and not be able to win must be
> awful.

> I have been drawn to this topic and couldn't resist the urge to post a
> response.

> Isn't it just the case that the relationship Morrissey has with his Mother
> is better than the relationship with his Dad and no more than that?

> Just because they are divorced doesn't mean they couldn't travel there
> together. More importantly, why is this news? I don't feel we should be
> discussing this subject any further.

Re: Morrisseys Mum and Dad

> Hi Tingle.. All I can say is yes.. he did say that his mother and father
> were there.. and then got sort of distracted by simeone down the front
> persistently saying something out of turn to which Morrissey got quite
> short with him with a snapped 'What!'.. and then asked for an opnion from
> 'God' and turned to Alain Whyte who said something like 'we'll deal with
> him later'.. or something.. so.. he may have well been inclined to say
> more about his parents but some idiot wouldn't shut up and the moment was
> gone..

> Ruffian

If Rogan can be considered a good source, apparently Betty Dwyer and Peter Morrissey remained close friends and were in frequent contact after the divorce. I sort of remember reading that they only lived a few blocks from one another.

Cheers,

Jamie