Collectors who don't post here anymore....sadly

Any chance of upping that pic to this page i'd like to see that. amazing theres always something new (to me anyway).

As seen on Twitter, thanks to @vivahate72

image.jpg

What an item to behold!

Not only the red "prototype" 'William....' sleeve but the genuine white label test pressing, too.

Oh, well......... another Smiths rarity which I will never acquire for my collection........

Wow awesome, why is this not in the top 100? How many are there, so many questions. Would love one.

Last edited:
Wow...this is something !!

Cheers Moz

What an item to behold!

Not only the red "prototype" 'William....' sleeve but the genuine white label test pressing, too.

Oh, well......... another Smiths rarity which I will never acquire for my collection........

This has just became my life's goal. I'd fancy this to be on par with the HIG neg sleeve, maybe more unique?

This has just became my life's goal. I'd fancy this to be on par with the HIG neg sleeve, maybe more unique?

there's only one boy with thorn factory sample, probably one mayking bigmouth, but you don't see those on the list. so unique != value. then it's an arbitrary valuing system. really want to pay $300-500 for that record if someone else wouldn't?

Was Ati a guy that was into Morrissey and hardcore? In the late 90's or so I met a friend of a friend with that name (not sure if it was spelled that way but it was pronounced like that). The one time I met him, he was telling me he had an amazing Smiths/Morrissey collection but I kept asking him to name some things he had and he never was very specific. I think the guy I met was from SD too so probably the same guy? I think my friend (who owns a hardcore label) is still friends with Ati but I only met him once probably 15 years ago or so. But no one seems to know the Paul guy I was asking about?

Oh yeah, Rob and Ati. I still see them from time to time. They had a lot of good moz/smiths stuff there. Are you still in SD? Rob DJ's a brit pop night at the Whistle Stop once a month.

Yeah, I practically lived outside the off the record in Hillcrest too. Didn't go to the one by SDSU as often as I probably should have. And yes, I do remember blue meanie.

--david

Was Ati a guy that was into Morrissey and hardcore? In the late 90's or so I met a friend of a friend with that name (not sure if it was spelled that way but it was pronounced like that). The one time I met him, he was telling me he had an amazing Smiths/Morrissey collection but I kept asking him to name some things he had and he never was very specific. I think the guy I met was from SD too so probably the same guy? I think my friend (who owns a hardcore label) is still friends with Ati but I only met him once probably 15 years ago or so. But no one seems to know the Paul guy I was asking about?

He is the guy that gets interviewed at the start of the Who Put The M in Manchester DVD. I met him in the mid 90s when he was working at Tower Records, really nice guy. Dude's ears must be on fire, wherever he is now. Sorry, I don't remember a dude named Paul.

Oh yeah, Rob and Ati. I still see them from time to time. They had a lot of good moz/smiths stuff there. Are you still in SD? Rob DJ's a brit pop night at the Whistle Stop once a month.

Yeah, I practically lived outside the off the record in Hillcrest too. Didn't go to the one by SDSU as often as I probably should have. And yes, I do remember blue meanie.

--david

Yeah, still in SD. Thats really cool to hear about those guys, glad to hear they are still around. I remember them as genuinely some of the nicest guys I met that were into Morrissey. (None of my friends were into Morrissey so it was really cool to see these guys around)

Thanks for the info. I sent a link to the youtube video of his part of the DVD to my friend. He said that's the same guy. I met him like 12 years ago or maybe more at a hardcore show. Yeah, my friend said everyone loves Ati. It sounds like maybe he is back in SD again after not living there for a while, according to my friend's vague email.

He is the guy that gets interviewed at the start of the Who Put The M in Manchester DVD. I met him in the mid 90s when he was working at Tower Records, really nice guy. Dude's ears must be on fire, wherever he is now. Sorry, I don't remember a dude named Paul.

Aly as well doesnt seem to post here anymore.....

Cheers Moz

Well, three names spring to mind :

One is Mikael who now posts regularly on allyouneedismorrissey , another one is Roky who has disappeared. I remember him getting hold of so much stuff in a very short period of time and , when after a particular item, he used to write ......"will pay top dollars"......:lbf: and everydayislikesunday , a very nice guy!

Any others you can think of ?

Cheers Moz

I am still collecting and in the Morrissey/Smiths world. (on another forum)
Just don't come to this site anymore. To many haters...
It has nothing to do with DavidT. It is the people who post here..

Later....

I am still collecting and in the Morrissey/Smiths world. (on another forum)
Just don't come to this site anymore. To many haters...
It has nothing to do with DavidT. It is the people who post here..

Later....

Well, nice to see you still around....

Cheers Moz

Back
Top Bottom