Morrissey Rarities

Has anyone got any thoughts on what's currently the top moz rariety (or a top 5). The RC top 50 from years ago is in need of an update. Is the november second 12" test rarer than No one can hold a candle to you?

It´s said that six copies of November the second 12" testpressing exist, I don´t know how many NOCHACTY exist.

Indeed the November the 2nd 12" has to be number 1, the Japan cd with the jigsaw is another one that people will pay way over for.One that I cannot source is the How Soon Is Now promo cd with the comeback tour stage lettering on the sleeve,I remember the NOCHACTY disc coming to ebay last year with no takers for £350 so you are right to say a new top 50 is well over due.What is needed though is RC to do a proper job, not just one that can include pretty sleeves.If TP's make up the bulk then so be it. The latest Smiths top 100 is a good example of this,loads of items that you could go on ebay now and buy 5 or 6 of,with many great items simply skipped over or bulked together.Maybe it's time to start badgering RC again.

Indeed the November the 2nd 12" has to be number 1, the Japan cd with the jigsaw is another one that people will pay way over for.One that I cannot source is the How Soon Is Now promo cd with the comeback tour stage lettering on the sleeve,I remember the NOCHACTY disc coming to ebay last year with no takers for £350 so you are right to say a new top 50 is well over due.What is needed though is RC to do a proper job, not just one that can include pretty sleeves.If TP's make up the bulk then so be it. The latest Smiths top 100 is a good example of this,loads of items that you could go on ebay now and buy 5 or 6 of,with many great items simply skipped over or bulked together.Maybe it's time to start badgering RC again.

Is the William 7" test press rare, (the white label thats just appeared on ebay, not the red push-outs), I think PJLM appendix mentions some early 'man on bed' sleeves in red. Can't think i've ever seen one in red.

Is the William 7" test press rare, (the white label thats just appeared on ebay, not the red push-outs), I think PJLM appendix mentions some early 'man on bed' sleeves in red. Can't think i've ever seen one in red.

It does exist. I have 2 versions of the Red Sleeve William. One is an uncut sleeve, and the other is a 7" WLTP with a Solid Centre encased in a proper 7" Man on Bed Red Sleeve.

Any acetate would be above the November the 2nd testpressing as they were produced in even smaller numbers!

The Boxers 12" four track test press with Sunny as the additional song as always been on my want list. That for sure has to be in the top 10..

Back
Top Bottom