Kristeen Young Late Late Show performance

Kristeen Young is great. Anyone who doesn't understand that at this point is tone-deaf. Yes she's not for everyone and her music is challenging. I'll admit that the first time I saw her open for Morrissey I was not excited by her and was not sure who to think. The second time I went to see the Mozzer I thorougly enjoyed KY's set. Afterwards I listened to move of her material online and was really impressed. Musical geniuses/legends like Morrissey, Dave Grohl, and Pat Smear obviously appreciate her talent. She didn't even ask Dave Grohl to appear on her latest album, he offered after hearing her work. KY is a true beauty with an amazing voice, great presence, and very original style. She deserves to be playing in front of thousands of fans. She just needs more exposure. Hope she opens for the Foos next and then three years from now is playing a sold out shows at medium size venues. f*** the haters! Keep at it KY.

Kristeen Young is great. Anyone who doesn't understand that at this point is tone-deaf. Yes she's not for everyone and her music is challenging. I'll admit that the first time I saw her open for Morrissey I was not excited by her and was not sure who to think. The second time I went to see the Mozzer I thorougly enjoyed KY's set. Afterwards I listened to move of her material online and was really impressed. Musical geniuses/legends like Morrissey, Dave Grohl, and Pat Smear obviously appreciate her talent. She didn't even ask Dave Grohl to appear on her latest album, he offered after hearing her work. KY is a true beauty with an amazing voice, great presence, and very original style. She deserves to be playing in front of thousands of fans. She just needs more exposure. Hope she opens for the Foos next and then three years from now is playing a sold out shows at medium size venues. f*** the haters! Keep at it KY.

Well said! :)

The tide is turning, I told you all how good she was right from the very start!

She is DEFFINILTY going 2 get the recognition she deserves soon!

Just listen 2 her fantastic music and singing - absolutely FANTASTIC !

And morrissey knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and so did I )

To say shes satanic is absolutely ridiculous! shes the opposite!

Yep keep on keeping on kristeen ! :)

Last edited:
The comments on her performance with Grohl and Smear make it pretty clear what the Foo Fights audience will think of her if she gets a gig opening for them, a lot of them already seem to hate her with a passion, which does not bode well.

The comments on her performance with Grohl and Smear make it pretty clear what the Foo Fights audience will think of her if she gets a gig opening for them, a lot of them already seem to hate her with a passion, which does not bode well.

I love the Foo Fighters and Kristeen Young. Go figure...

I love the Foo Fighters and Kristeen Young. Go figure...

I like KY's music too and I like this song a lot, but I don't think that was a good performance compared to the other times I've seen her perform it live. I don't know if it's because she was nervous or what, but her voice sounded pretty terrible to me, like she was gasping/breathing at the wrong times and not hitting the right notes. The drums were way too overpowering, too. Disclaimer: I'm not a FF fan. I can appreciate Grohl's talent as a drummer, though...

I like KY's music too and I like this song a lot, but I don't think that was a good performance compared to the other times I've seen her perform it live. I don't know if it's because she was nervous or what, but her voice sounded pretty terrible to me, like she was gasping/breathing at the wrong times and not hitting the right notes. The drums were way too overpowering, too. Disclaimer: I'm not a FF fan. I can appreciate Grohl's talent as a drummer, though...

That's what i thought when i first saw this performance but after a few more views I kinda like the struggle she is having with it. She's a fighter. And if I can bring a base male perspective into it I find her incredibly sexy. Her style, aggression, movement and all round attitude does it for me. Most guys would think I'm crazy. Only thing is I would like to actually understand the lyrics, because I can't make them out at all. I have to get this album after I listen to V The Volcanic a bit more.

I love Foo Fighters. That’s all I got.

never a foo fighters fan beyond the first album being alright despite loving all involved. they make sweet videos though. nirvana fanatic here as well. i dont know if it was here opening for morrisey when i saw him in p.a, dont care to look it up, but if so it was not that great live as she had no band and just walked around the stage to a programmed backing track. that was very off putting as there didnt seem to be much performance in it.

That's what i thought when i first saw this performance but after a few more views I kinda like the struggle she is having with it. She's a fighter. And if I can bring a base male perspective into it I find her incredibly sexy. Her style, aggression, movement and all round attitude does it for me. Most guys would think I'm crazy. Only thing is I would like to actually understand the lyrics, because I can't make them out at all. I have to get this album after I listen to V The Volcanic a bit more.

Yep get "The knife shift" track listing as follows :-

This is war
pearl of a girl
pictures of shasha grey
i,ll show you
jealous of children
rough up the grove
the answers to all your problems is in this little bottle
everything is mine because i am poor
red
put down
Then i screamed

It really is a fantastic album, PLEASE TRUST AND BELIEVE ME!
Really catchy, feel good tunes that you cant stop playing.
Her vocals will leave you speachless, absolutetly beautifull !!! :)

In fact you wont believe thats shes not more successful than she is - and thats a promise!
The most underrated artist in history - FACT!

Ive got all her albums except one, all albums available as CDs or downloads of her site www.kristeenYoung.com
Once you listen to her lyrics they will "speack to you" in much the same way as morrisseys stuff does !

All her music Is absolutely fantastic, brilliant ! , I promice you, you wont be disappoited ! :)

" young is set 2 become larger than life itself - to me she already is" - MORRISSEY :)

Im posting and saying 2 much much now.......... I best shut up!

Last edited:

This is war
pearl of a girl
pictures of shasha grey
i,ll show you
jealous of children
rough up the grove
red
put down
Then i screamed

In fact you wont believe thats shes not more successful than she is - and thats a promise!

Ive got all her albums except one, all albums available as CDs or downloads of her site www.kristeenYoung.com
Once you listen to her lyrics they will "speack to you" in much the same way as morrisseys stuff does !

All her music Is absolutely fantastic, brilliant ! , I promice you, you wont be disappoited ! :)

" young is set 2 become larger than life itself - to me she already is" - MORRISSEY :)

You don't have to push her so hard. I already like her and will be purchasing the knife shift soon.

This is war
pearl of a girl
pictures of shasha grey
i,ll show you
jealous of children
rough up the grove
red
put down
Then i screamed

Morrissey - the one who makes life worth living ! :) - one day you will all know what I mean by that! :)
The clues are there!
Im posting and saying to much 2 much now.......... I best shut up!

Is English your first language? Your spelling is horrible. Kristeen is a rude and her voice is annoying. She uses about two notes. Morrissey wanted her to open to make his fans suffer. He wouldn't want someone good to upstage him.

KY is not even on my radar, so this video was my first ever exposure to her music.

I don't really keep up with much of what goes on with tours since I can't afford them anyway. I do not know her as anything but "that woman who was opening up Morrissey concerts for a long time".

I preface my post with this because I want it to be known that I am speaking with total impartiality when I say that performance was f***ing bad, and I consider the comparisons to artists like Galas pretty insulting.

Well said! :)

The tide is turning, I told you all how good she was right from the very start!

She is DEFFINILTY going 2 get the recognition she deserves soon!

Just listen 2 her fantastic music and singing - absolutely FANTASTIC !

And morrissey knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and so did I )

To say shes satanic is absolutely ridiculous! shes the opposite!

Yep keep on keeping on kristeen ! :)

The tide hasn't turned for her....she's still where she's always been...bottom of the list opener. Even Grohl and Smear couldn't make her sound any better. She's getting the recognition she deserves all right--all of it negative. Not too many positive comments. but I guess bad press is better than no press. Kristeen has done better live performances I'll give her that but this on on Craig Ferguson was just horrific. I think she's just playing the satanic thing because there's nothing else left for her to do. She's one big huge joke.

The tide hasn't turned for her....she's still where she's always been...bottom of the list opener. Even Grohl and Smear couldn't make her sound any better. She's getting the recognition she deserves all right--all of it negative. Not too many positive comments. but I guess bad press is better than no press. Kristeen has done better live performances I'll give her that but this on on Craig Ferguson was just horrific. I think she's just playing the satanic thing because there's nothing else left for her to do. She's one big huge joke.

Well said.

I'm sure she's pathetically pleading with Grohl to give her the opening slot for the Foo Fighters, what has she got to look forward to otherwise? Another decade of playing dump clubs in front of 15 people and sucking her aging producers cock.

Pretty sad after 20+ years of trying to make it in the music biz, especially after all of the opportunities she's been given and squandered.

Is English your first language? Your spelling is horrible. Kristeen is a rude and her voice is annoying. She uses about two notes. Morrissey wanted her to open to make his fans suffer. He wouldn't want someone good to upstage him.

Having a few little problems sleeping, even a few glasses of wine isnt working at the moment !
So just thought I may as well make a quick post onto the forum!

What language I use and my grammatical presentation and artistic impression ect is of no real concern nor importantace 2 anyone on a public forum - in fact its irrelevant!
Just be thankfull I dont go back 2 posting in purple again! , in fact i may just go PURPLE again just 4 the hell of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways think we need some new interesting topics, things have become a little bit mediocre of late!
Stand by...... Im coming back soon with some incredible topics !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

And how come ive not recieved at least ONE thumbs up yet !!!!?
The very notion is unthinkable! :(

And not one spelling mistake this time around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BBFN :)

Having a few little problems sleeping, even a few glasses of wine isnt working at the moment !
So just thought I may as well make a quick post onto the forum!

What language I use and my grammatical presentation and artistic impression ect is of no real concern nor importantace 2 anyone on a public forum - in fact its irrelevant!
Just be thankfull I dont go back 2 posting in purple again! , in fact i may just go PURPLE again just 4 the hell of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways think we need some new interesting topics, things have become a little bit mediocre of late!
Stand by...... Im coming back soon with some incredible topics !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

And how come ive not recieved at least ONE thumbs up yet !!!!?
The very notion is unthinkable! :(

And not one spelling mistake this time around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BBFN :)

ect
importantace
its
thankfull

Oh dear.

Back
Top Bottom