WPINOYB Rock Opera -Discuss

AlphonsePhive

I thought this would be a fun discussion:
I think this new album, in its entirety, would make an excellent Broadway stage production (rock opera for lack of better name)!
I mean, if Greenday can do it, then why not?!
From one track to the next, themes can be constructed and the imagery of the songs would be amazing stage sets.

I have to add, the critics and recent reviews are all missing it. This album producion is huge! Who releases 18 songs on an album any more and the critics complain that is too much?!

Discuss-

I thought this would be a fun discussion:
I think this new album, in its entirety, would make an excellent Broadway stage production (rock opera for lack of better name)!
I mean, if Greenday can do it, then why not?!
From one track to the next, themes can be constructed and the imagery of the songs would be amazing stage sets.

I have to add, the critics and recent reviews are all missing it. This album producion is huge! Who releases 18 songs on an album any more and the critics complain that is too much?!

Discuss-

I'm sure it'll be a fun discussion, but it'll never happen... thank god! Greenday are a bunch of hacks. Let's try not to use them and Morrissey in the same sentence, oh damn I did just that.

I'm sure the part of the production where an actor is thrown down a staircase every chorus would go down really well with the media :D

I'm sure the part of the production where an actor is thrown down a staircase every chorus would go down really well with the media :D

Sounds like Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark...

Sure why not. I'm Not A Man reminds me a bit of the Prologue to West Side Story. So, I think it would make a great opening song.

An interesting idea, though it would somehow have to involve Neal Cassady, Brendan Behan and trips to Istanbul and Scandinavia.

Back
Top Bottom