A thread for the wretched

smiler

This is a place where all those people who said.....

Morrissey is past it
Morrissey should retire
Morrissey's new album will be terrible
Morrissey will never make another great album
Morrissey is no longer an artist
Morrissey is no longer a great singer
Morrissey is no longer a great lyricist
Morrissey's band are poor musicians
Morrissey's band can't produce interesting music
Morrissey needs to get better songwriting partners
Morrissey needs Johnny Marr

...can come, hold there hands up, admit they were wrong and beg for forgiveness.

Uncleskinny if you'd like to start things off....

Lets be honest, no one this time last year would have guessed that Morrissey would have had a successful Autobiography, a new record contract and a great album filled with new material. Oddly enough, the one element that he accomplished in the last few years (touring) is now the only thing lacking.

Lets be honest, no one this time last year would have guessed that Morrissey would have had a successful Autobiography, a new record contract and a great album filled with new material. Oddly enough, the one element that he accomplished in the last few years (touring) is now the only thing lacking.

really?

July 7th 2013 (just over 12 months ago) in response to a comment by a poster who shall remain nameless (!Viva Hate!) who had described the new album (that he hadn't actually heard yet) as:

"Bad new songs from a bad new album that isn't going to be released anytime soon" who further went on to describe the new songs as "shitty" and that he (Morrissey) had "stopped having talent" and "stopped caring about quality."

another poster (ahem.... Smiler) said the following:

"Unfortunately for you I think he will disappoint you again soon (by producing a great album)
The long break means there are plenty of new songs to choose from and the autobiography will no doubt be a number one best seller. Time will tell Viva....
"

http://http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/128287-Question?p=1986782494#post1986782494

Last edited:
you mean you called with a handkerchief over the receiver but nobody picked up
Agharta is the biggest Troll on this site. Just look at her posts... Give it a f***ing break... Please...

Morrissey is past it
Morrissey should retire

...can come, hold there hands up, admit they were wrong and beg for forgiveness.

Why would anyone recant those things? When certain data is in front of you, you process it as what it is. When the data changes, then you reassess your views accordingly...unless you're Realitybites or God or something, you don't know everything.

Almost all of the people here who decried Morrissey and his work before have praised the new record and applauded him based on previously unavailable/unforseeable circumstances. That's what you do when things are good...you applaud and cheer and praise. When things are bad you say otherwise.

Get it? Not too complicated.

There's no need to beg for forgiveness or say we were wrong in the past. You're just an idiot looking for vindication because you always make a massive ass of yourself on here, and now you think you have some leverage.

But you don't...as usual.

really?

July 7th 2013 (just over 12 months ago) in response to a comment by a poster who shall remain nameless (!Viva Hate!) who had described the new album (that he hadn't actually heard yet) as:

"Bad new songs from a bad new album that isn't going to be released anytime soon" who further went on to describe the new songs as "shitty" and that he (Morrissey) had "stopped having talent" and "stopped caring about quality."

another poster (ahem.... Smiler) said the following:

"Unfortunately for you I think he will disappoint you again soon (by producing a great album)
The long break means there are plenty of new songs to choose from and the autobiography will no doubt be a number one best seller. Time will tell Viva....
"

http://http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/128287-Question?p=1986782494#post1986782494

viva hate has done nothing but shit all over Morrissey's music and now all of a sudden he loves it. And almost half of it is written by a guitarist that causes him and his mates to foam at the mouth. Go figure.

Speaking for myself I knew it would be great and same goes for the book. Getting the record deal was the one I wasn't so sure about.

Last edited:
I know I’m pretty new, but I’m still amazed that people spend time on a forum that hate the man the forum is named after.

viva hate has done nothing but shit all over Morrissey's music and now all of a sudden he loves it. And almost half of it is written by a guitarist that causes him and his mates to foam at the mouth. Go figure.

I don't take it that way. I doubt he feels differently about the bulk of Morrissey's post-Whyte career, and I think he genuinely meant those criticisms. But if new material comes out and he finds favor with it, and acts/speaks accordingly, why does that make him a hypocrite, or even ingenuine? Isn't it actually a good thng that he is being positive? I don't see a reason to have ONE opinion all the way throughout, unchanging, set in stone. That's silly. Things change.

Some decent lyrics and tunes just called, asking directions to the new Morrissey album.

Some original comments just called but there was no answer.

In all fairness Agharta you're alright. I don't feel pity for you or for others who dislike the album. I think that's kind of a slightly conceited attitude to have and I don't share that view point of my fellow album lovers. The variation of who loves which song and why is wide enough so there was bound to be a chasm just as vast separating those who hate the entire album and those who love it.

Quarry seems to have reached a pied piper type status these days for which I seemed to have missed out on. I was just relieved Morrissey had come out of the 7 year woods with some decent but not too exciting music and a tour round my way to boot but as the years went on Quarry for me just fell back into the back of the rack. But those beautiful B sides tell no lies :)

Last edited:
A lot of the people I know that are diehard Moz fans do not like the new album (or his last couple, for that matter). I can’t explain why, per se. Do they just want another Vauxall/Viva Hate/Arsenal? I don’t know. I’m just happy to have a new LP that (to my ears!) sounds great and hoping for more great songs along the way.

Morrissey is past it
Morrissey should retire

Apart from the music I cannot find ANYTHING positive about this album. I can see how it was written exactly for people like you. Morrissey knows the likes of you very well. And you gave you the lyrics. I think you are a major arsehole. Let's face it, you are the kind of scum who even pretended to have personally been in a concentration camp during WWII. Do you or anybody else who loves this album really want to be taken seriously?

This is coming from somebody who never complained about the previous music but had it hammered by you arseholes that the music is not about what she thought it was. So yes, I can see this, I can only be repetitive about this. The lyrics are poor for somebody like me and Morrissey can shovel women like Nancy Sinatra, Pamela Anderson and his Julies where his album and Julia, Kristeen Young and his many homos and women hating fascist fans already are.

The music as such isn't that paticular, I already have an album by a punk bank with the exact music on it. When I am correct that album was released in 2002.

And as the lyrics are so incredibly bad the producer jumped in an pretended that Morrissey had much say during the production. Because after all, how else would you justify that this'd be a brilliant MORRISSEY album, when his lyrical contribution is so incredibly bad.

That it sells well says more about the state of yet another drink, smoke, f*** and mememe western nation than the quality of the album itself.

In regards to the album selling well in areas of crisis, good grief, the most important message isn't contained on the album, because people like Morrissey wouldn't know. I am not going to give it away, because I think you as a person are deeply pathetic.

A post for the wretched

Apart from the music I cannot find ANYTHING positive about this album. I can see how it was written exactly for people like you. Morrissey knows the likes of you very well. And you gave you the lyrics. I think you are a major arsehole. Let's face it, you are the kind of scum who even pretended to have personally been in a concentration camp during WWII. Do you or anybody else who loves this album really want to be taken seriously?

This is coming from somebody who never complained about the previous music but had it hammered by you arseholes that the music is not about what she thought it was. So yes, I can see this, I can only be repetitive about this. The lyrics are poor for somebody like me and Morrissey can shovel women like Nancy Sinatra, Pamela Anderson and his Julies where his album and Julia, Kristeen Young and his many homos and women hating fascist fans already are.

The music as such isn't that paticular, I already have an album by a punk bank with the exact music on it. When I am correct that album was released in 2002.

And as the lyrics are so incredibly bad the producer jumped in an pretended that Morrissey had much say during the production. Because after all, how else would you justify that this'd be a brilliant MORRISSEY album, when his lyrical contribution is so incredibly bad.

That it sells well says more about the state of yet another drink, smoke, f*** and mememe western nation than the quality of the album itself.

In regards to the album selling well in areas of crisis, good grief, the most important message isn't contained on the album, because people like Morrissey wouldn't know. I am not going to give it away, because I think you as a person are deeply pathetic.
People like you make me understand that you are a child waiting with sweaty palms to see who will answer your ridiculous post. The thread-starter made a valid point unlike what you're spouting

The producer was there in Paris with Morrissey, but people like you know Joe C. is lying about Morrissey communicating while working on this album? The album contains multiple messages & one of the main ones is about shitheads like yourself who has nothing to do but make up absolute CRAP.

Go find a tall building, go to the roof & contemplate. Im sure the world would be a little better, as you come across as someone who wants to hurt a lot when you eventually blow.

But you won't because you will just go on being a sad lonely tike who will adorn many facial bruises in your bleak future after you have been to spelling class.
I'm anon too, but i'm sure you really don't belong here... So hit the bricks you vile excuse for a human being & let the door hit you...Hard, on the way out.:)

Don't be shy AGHARTA, sign in under your username. You can be Anon or a member. Dont pretend to be Anon. ;)

Almost all of the people here who decried Morrissey and his work before have praised the new record and applauded him based on previously unavailable/unforseeable circumstances. That's what you do when things are good...you applaud and cheer and praise. When things are bad you say otherwise.

Oh I see....... so words like "support" or "loyalty" or "good faith" are simply words to you. When the fair weather turns cloudy you reach for the knife with no conscience........and when you are wrong you are not actually wrong you are just....... misinformed. Anyway welcome to your thread you poor wretched soul.

Last edited:
Oh I see....... so words like "support" or "loyalty" or "good faith" are simply words to you. When the fair weather turns cloudy you reach for the knife with no conscience........and when you are wrong you are not actually wrong you are just....... misinformed. Anyway welcome to your thread you poor wretched soul.

Thanks, man!

I think the thing that separates a classy person from a not-so-classy person is the urge to engage in "Seeeee, I told you so!" arguments. Just go with the flow. Let the doubters enjoy the album. Let the "SOLOW"er's enjoy mellow solo. Don't point it out, keep your gloating in your head. Everything changes and will continue to change, rubbing salt in the wounds of people who didn't get it one day and do the other just prevents other people from expressing their opinions if they too weren't on the same page the other day. /endrant

I think the thing that separates a classy person from a not-so-classy person is the urge to engage in "Seeeee, I told you so!" arguments. Just go with the flow. Let the doubters enjoy the album. Let the "SOLOW"er's enjoy mellow solo. Don't point it out, keep your gloating in your head. Everything changes and will continue to change, rubbing salt in the wounds of people who didn't get it one day and do the other just prevents other people from expressing their opinions if they too weren't on the same page the other day. /endrant

not sure why you didn't keep THAT in YOUR head?

I'm not gloating, I'm giving the misguided an opportunity for redemption....... I suggest you seize it.

Back
Top Bottom