WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THE OFFICIAL TOUR MERCHANDISE

L

loz

Re some other comments on the tour merchandise being shite and expensive. I'll be the first to admit that the shirts werent that hot (with the exception of the "yummy" TShirt), which I bought, but I think its important to remember that Moz will only keep touring and coming back to successful venues if he actually makes enough money to justify it. Seeing as I was forced to get my standing tickets via touts (how do they manage to buy all the official tickets up so quick?) the only money that went direct from my pocket into Moz's for these 2 great nights was what I spent on merchandising.
I'm not saying everyone should automatically buy everything Moz has available, but everyone spending their money on £5 bootleg TShirts outside the venue is ultimately having an adverse effect on how successful Morrissey judges this tour to be - and whether he'll do another one or not.

Let's do the math. I'm poor. Morrissey's rich. Let's see. No. Fu[k him.

> Re some other comments on the tour merchandise being shite and expensive.
> I'll be the first to admit that the shirts werent that hot (with the
> exception of the "yummy" TShirt), which I bought, but I think
> its important to remember that Moz will only keep touring and coming back
> to successful venues if he actually makes enough money to justify it.
> Seeing as I was forced to get my standing tickets via touts (how do they
> manage to buy all the official tickets up so quick?) the only money that
> went direct from my pocket into Moz's for these 2 great nights was what I
> spent on merchandising.
> I'm not saying everyone should automatically buy everything Moz has
> available, but everyone spending their money on £5 bootleg TShirts outside
> the venue is ultimately having an adverse effect on how successful
> Morrissey judges this tour to be - and whether he'll do another one or
> not.

Let's do the math. I'm poor. Morrissey's rich. Let's see. No. Fu[k him.

Maybe you can do arithmetic at best but don't go beyond the tweleve times table!

Your poor. Morrissey's rich. Let's see. Can you afford too? No. End of story.

Let's look at it another way. Have you got the money? Do you want it? Buy it. End of story.

> Let's do the math. I'm poor. Morrissey's rich. Let's see. No. Fu[k him.

I didnt say he was poor - I said if he loses money on a tour - or on a certain counrty/leg of a tour - theres really not much incentive to go back again is there? Even though he's feeelthy rice he's not going to go on tour to lose money. Its a fact of life that a higher percentage of most bands touring income comes from TShirt sales than seat prices.

That was the one t-shirt that I thought was the worst! Yummy indeed. In my opinion Morrisseys best merchandise is the t-shirts etc that use images other than that of Morrissey himself. I bought the shirt with Morrissey on the concrete lion only because it looks typically English, the lion and all. I think a programme would have been a nice gesture, if even just to introduce Dean, who let me say was fantastic! Concert merchandise is always more expensive when it's official but it does seem to last a lot longet than bootlegged stuff. The t-shirts were Fruit of the Loom which last a lot longer and look a lot better with time. Basically don't buy it if you don't want it but if I had bought several drinks in the RAH it would have cost me a small fortune whereas the merchandise was a lot cheaper than the drinks and I will always have it.

Hope no one bought those shite L.A style vests they were awful

Don't agree. I was quite willing to part with cash but the font on most of the t-shirts was awful. The other tshirts looked a bit cheap and certainly not worth £15. I don't think a few lousy t-shirts are going to make or break a tour somehow. I think the most important thing is the fact that it was a sell out gig for 2 days and that everyone had a good time. At £30 a ticket I wouldn't have thought there was any trouble with revenue.

Roll on the new album!

> Re some other comments on the tour merchandise being shite and expensive.
> I'll be the first to admit that the shirts werent that hot (with the
> exception of the "yummy" TShirt), which I bought, but I think
> its important to remember that Moz will only keep touring and coming back
> to successful venues if he actually makes enough money to justify it.
> Seeing as I was forced to get my standing tickets via touts (how do they
> manage to buy all the official tickets up so quick?) the only money that
> went direct from my pocket into Moz's for these 2 great nights was what I
> spent on merchandising.
> I'm not saying everyone should automatically buy everything Moz has
> available, but everyone spending their money on £5 bootleg TShirts outside
> the venue is ultimately having an adverse effect on how successful
> Morrissey judges this tour to be - and whether he'll do another one or
> not.

Back
Top Bottom