World peace 10" single

ALLIE WALLS

I got mine from a local record shop yesterday. It wasn't in a stickered cellophane wrapper just a generic cardboard sleeve. Are these rare ? I haven't seen any surface on Ebay ?

They are limited to 1.000 copies worldwide. All of them are made in USA, including the ones that were sold in Europe. Only in the US they are numbered by hand an contain a round, orange sticker and a voucher worth $2.

Thank You Stefan for this precious info !!

Cheers Moz

I've literally just rushed to my local HMV to grab the last copy and was slightly disappointed to find there was no numbering cellophane or sticker. £5.99 though, so I can't grumble!

Yeah they lack the novelty effect without the sticker and number, but still.. and its hard to believe theres only 1000 worldwide, tons have been on ebay & discogs already

6 copies on discogs is not really too much and for now there is no 10" which has been sold on this website.

It is interesting to notice that most of the providers on ebay are from Germany. I suspect that this 10" has been manufactured there.

6 copies on discogs is not really too much and for now there is no 10" which has been sold on this website.

It is interesting to notice that most of the providers on ebay are from Germany. I suspect that this 10" has been manufactured there.

Ok if ur gonna count, there's 26 on eBay just this morning, that's not counting the ones already listed and to be listed. I'm not disputing the quantity made but for 1000 pressings I would've expected a harder time getting hold of just one. I like collecting and have 2 copies myself but something scarce is always more desirable. 1000 seemed like a small amount when announced and had the potential of becoming a real collectors item in the true sense.

Yeah they lack the novelty effect without the sticker and number, but still.. and its hard to believe theres only 1000 worldwide, tons have been on ebay & discogs already

I don't believe there is only 1,000 worldwide, the numbers we have seen do not support this theory.
As I have mentioned a few days ago in another thread, all the records were manufactured in the USA, they are all identical whether purchased in the UK, Germany or the US.
My view is that they have pressed 3,000 of these records, one thousand to be sold in the UK exclusively via HMV (they have in excess of 100 stores), one thousand to be sold in Germany/Europe and one thousand to be sold in the US, the latter are sealed, hand numbered and include the orange '$2 off' promo sticker of course.

Back
Top Bottom