Neal Cassady Drops Dead - sleeve art

Re: Neal Cassady Drops Dead... sleeve art

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I think I was channeling Viva Hate now that I see it posted.

Last edited:

What can I say,, another job well done Marred. Don't know what your day job is but if you aren't employed in graphic arts scene you should really consider it. You have a great talented and your art is top notch -- everything blends seamlessly; from the graphics chosen for each song, placement, font choices, colors etcetera. It all just works -- and that's coming from someone who doesn't give compliments lightly lol

If you don't mind me asking, what OS and programs do you use?

Something bugged me about this song since i downloaded it - then i realised Morrissey nicked the first line's melody from good ol' Lobo's hit :) !

"Neil Cassidy drops dead.... = baby, i'd lovce you to want me" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-pxgUyC_V4

Looks killer! :guitar:

What can I say,, another job well done Marred. Don't know what your day job is but if you aren't employed in graphic arts scene you should really consider it. You have a great talented and your art is top notch -- everything blends seamlessly; from the graphics chosen for each song, placement, font choices, colors etcetera. It all just works -- and that's coming from someone who doesn't give compliments lightly lol

If you don't mind me asking, what OS and programs do you use?

Thanks for the detailed comments mate. I really appreciate your interest. No I am not a professional graphic artist as someone on here so delicately pointed out, but you can't please everyone can you? I'm actually an animator. I just enjoy doing these mock ups for the fun of it. And I enjoy the feedback also.

No I don't mind at all telling you. I use a Mac and because I know Flash like the back of my hand I use it to layout the design of the sleeve because that app is so well compartmentalised it just works for me because I know where everything is. I just use photoshop to add texture and colour to the photos. I don't know photoshop that well but having done a few of these sleeves so far I now know it just a bit better than I did. I just like to keep it pretty simple and not over crowd the image with too much detail.

I'm a big fan of subtlety and simplicity :)

Here's the original pic.

cassady 1.JPG

Last edited:
A little bit Viva Hate and two parts Smiths Cover star art. Nice job

Oh yeah i definitely pushed the viva hate angle on this one by ramping up the shadow on his face to 11 even more so than the original photo. I'm lucky Neal Cassady has such an iconic look. That didn't hurt the process at all!

Well done, Marred, you've done it again! I really like the style of each of your covers - it looks like they're on a nice piece of clean, soft paper or card and the kind of thing that you can put in a frame to stare at for all eternity. Well done :)

Thank you Hod. btw did you check out the Kick The Bride one? You do know it's inevitable that I will probably do one for every song don't you? Morrissey's song titles alone just conjure up so many images in your head don't they?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom